See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Begin August 23
Next session begins
You deserve to advance your future.
The U.S. expects a shortage of three million nurses entering the profession. Southeast's
accredited nursing program means you'll be a sought-after candidate.
Advance Your Career
We use your experience and knowledge to provide advanced placement into the program,
so you can get a bachelor's degree that's online, flexible, and works with your schedule.
Plus, you can schedule field experiences in your area.
Quality, Accredited University
The program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Download Program Info
The numbers tell the story…
per credit hour
department graduates employed or in grad school
- Field experiences at your location
- Only 6 nursing courses required
- 4-, 8-, and 16-week courses to meet your learning preferences
- Award-winning advising and coaching team
- Year-round classes to reduce time to degree
We let our graduates do the talking...
"I have learned the most and have had so many opportunities in my career from becoming
involved in my profession and staying connected to Southeast."Molly Eggleston '14 Mercy Hospital and Excellence in Nursing Recipient by St. Louis
Our Alumni Go Places.
Our graduates work in the nation's top hospitals.
Below are just a few examples of the companies who hire graduates from the College
of Education, Health and Human Studies at Southeast Missouri State.
- AB Spectrum
- Baltimore Ravens
- BJC HealthCare
- Bootheel Counseling Services
- Coastal Orthopedics
- Cardinal Glennon
- Community Counseling Center
- Jumpstart Autism Center
- Kedrion Biopharma
- Mayo Clinic
- Mercy Hospital
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- New Vision Counseling
- Saint Francis Healthcare System
- School Districts Across the Country
- SSM Health
- Thrive Autism Solutions
- Walt Disney World
The RN-BSN program at Southeast is approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing
and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. Graduates are fully
prepared for nursing practice and eligible to apply for any MSN programs. Course work
completely online and field work in your area mean our RN-BSN program is built to
provide flexibility. And, you'll have an academic advisor who specializes in the RN-BSN
program, so you get guidance tailored to advancing your education and your career.
- Must be a permanent resident of Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, or Arkansas
- 2.5 cumulative GPA (Recent update and will be reflected in future Degree Maps)
- Current valid nursing license in the U.S. with professional liability insurance
- Current professional CPR licensure
- Completed a background check
Completed the following prerequisite courses with a grade of "C" or better:
Anatomy and Physiology I (must transfer in)
Anatomy and Physiology II (must transfer in)
English Composition II
Microbiology (must transfer in)
- Completed most non-nursing requirements
View full requirements
- NS 385. Research in Professional Practice.
Explores basic concepts of nursing research and evidence-based practice. (3)
- NS 386. Professional Practice: Community Health.
Introduction, application of community health concepts, related to rural populations.
Emphasizes independent decision making based on assessment of individuals, families,
and communities. (6)
- NS 480. Professional Practice: Nursing Leadership & Management.
Introduction and application of leadership/management concepts in leading others and
managing resources to improve nursing practices. (6).
View all courses
- As a clinical nurse specialist in gerontology and as a nursing home administrator,
Desma Reno, MSN, APRN, GCNS-BC, researches older adult issues, the nursing workforce
and political activities related to nursing and healthcare. She has served as project
director for a variety of grants related to serving the health care needs of older
adults in the community throughout the Bootheel.
View all faculty
Why Wait? Start Today.