Ph.D., Industrial-Organizational Psychology, University of Tennessee
B.A., Psychology, Davidson College
- S.H.R.M. Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCPSM)
- H.R.C.I. Certified Senior Human Resources Professional
- Organizational Psychology
- Psychological Development Across the Lifespan
- Psychological Perspectives on Human Behavior
- Legal and Ethical Considerations in I/O Psychology
Organizational culture and linkage research, diversity and inclusion, applied research with local organizations.
- Yancey, G. B. & Cheeks, M. E. (2017, March 10). Exploring diversity and inclusion within organizations with the ADDRESSING model. Southeastern Psychology Association annual conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Yancey, G. B. & George, J. (2017, March 3). How student and faculty/staff perceptions of diversity differ based on gender and sexual orientation. Gender & Sexuality in Kansas Conference, Wichita, KS.
- Harrison, E. & Yancey, G. B. (2015, November 7). How employees’ knowledge of employment law and perceived procedural injustice are related to employees’ intent to sue their employer. Association for Psychological & Educational Research in Kansas, Salina, KS.
- Haidar, S. N. S. & Yancey, G. B. (2015, November 6). Resolution strategies while dealing with supervisory conflict: A cross-cultural comparison.Association for Psychological & Educational Research in Kansas, Salina, KS.
- Yancey, G. B. (2015, June 10). What is industrial-organizational psychology and what does it have to do with HR? Presented to the Human Resources and Personnel Association of Greater Emporia, Emporia, Kansas.
- Yancey, G. B. (2015, April 11). How consumers in the greater Emporia, Kansas, area make vehicle purchasing decisions. Southwestern Psychology Association annual conference, Wichita, KS.
- Louderback, M. & Yancey, G. B. (2015, April 11). How organizational culture influences the use of humor in the workplace. Southwestern Psychology Association annual conference, Wichita, KS.
- Yancey, G. B. & George, J. (2015, April 12). Cross-cultural differences in coping with emotional distress. Southwestern Psychology Association annual conference, Wichita, KS.
- Yancey, G. B., George, J., Joo, K. C., & Liu, W. (2013, March 16). Help seeking attitudes in India, China, and America. Southeastern Psychology Association annual conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Mariska, F. D., & Yancey, G. B. (2019). The effect of integration approaches and human resources initiatives on changes in organizational culture and employee attitudes during a merger. The Psychologist-Manager Journal, 22(2), 108-131. doi: 10.1037/mgr0000084
- Lann, M., & Yancey, G. B. (2018). A cry for justice: Talking with workplace bullying victims. Emporia State Research Studies, 52(1), 1-14.
- Brabec, A. P., Yancey, G. B., Daniels, C. D., Barger, J. L., & Wijata, H. (2018 in press). Contrapower harassment of professors by college students. Emporia State Research Studies, 52(1).
- Cummings, I., & Yancey, G. B. (2015). How procedural justice during corporate layoffs can reduce negative psychological impacts by reducing survivor guilt. Leadership & Organizational Management Journal, 2015(3), online.
- Hsu, Y., & Yancey, G. B. (2015). The benefits of human resources certifications. Emporia State Research Studies, 50(1), 1-10.
- Yancey, G. B., & George, J. (2013). A question of values. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice, 6(3), 248-251.
- Steiner, A., & Yancey, G. B. (2013). The knowledge and skills employers desire when hiring an I/O psychologist. The Industrial-Organizational Psychologist, 51(1), 53-60.