The Master of Arts in Elementary Education at Southeast Missouri State University
is an online graduate degree that offers three areas of emphasis:
- Math / Science
- Early Childhood Education (ECE)
This program is designed to assist classroom teachers both enhance their teaching
skills and broaden their knowledge in their area of expertise. Additionally, this
degree will help those seeking additional certificates.
- The College of Education is recognized as an Apple Distinguished School for 2017-2019
- Southeast's students in the College of Education will be equipped with a 21st century skill set that emphasizes technology and its' integration into the classroom
environment. Additionally, while in the classroom setting, students can learn how
technology can enrich the learning experience for both students and teachers
- Students will be able to choose an area of emphasis that meets their career interests
and goals while receiving personal advisement from a faculty member with expertise
in that particular area of study
- Graduates holding this degree will answer the great need for such teachers in both
suburban and rural districts, and be more likely to secure employment
- The applicant must have a teaching certificate or a qualifying score on the Missouri
Content Exam (MoCA), or take and be in the 50th percentile of the verbal and analytic components of the Graduate Record Examination
(GRE) or the Millers Analogy Test (MAT).
- Undergraduate grade point average must be at or above a 2.75.