Begin May 18, 2021
Next available cohort begins
AUGUST 23, 2021
Impact Lives. Start with yours.
Pursue Your Passion
With a master's degree in applied behavior analysis, you will improve the lives of
those with psychological neurodevelopmental disabilities such as Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Demand for certified experts is increasing at a fast pace, whether in a therapy setting
or research. You can graduate with confidence, knowing that you made a smart investment.
Learn the skills of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst online, when and where it's
convenient for you. Our courses are 100% online.
Southeast's Personal Support
In your second year, you'll work first-hand with clients with the support of your
BCBA supervisor along the way. Plus, our award-winning advisors and Career Services
team is here to work with you.
Download Program Info
The numbers tell the story…
job growth since 2010
per credit hour
- Finish in 6 semesters
- Meets Behavior Analyst Certification Standards
- 750 HOURS of hands-on experience
- Your own BCBA Faculty Supervisor
- Courses reviewed with Quality Matters
- Cohort model
We let our graduates do the talking...
"It was easier and more convenient because everything was online. I really like how
Southeast offered the supervision for my practicum as part of the curriculum. It has
better prepared me to take the state exam."Laura Stroud, '17, Applied Behavior Analysis
Our Alumni Go Places.
Below are just a few examples of the companies who hire graduates from the College
of Education, Health and Human Studies at Southeast Missouri State.
- AB Spectrum
- Baltimore Ravens
- BJC HealthCare
- Bootheel Counseling Services
- Coastal Orthopedics
- Cardinal Glennon
- Community Counseling Center
- Jumpstart Autism Center
- Kedrion Biopharma
- Mayo Clinic
- Mercy Hospital
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- New Vision Counseling
- Saint Francis Healthcare System
- School Districts Across the Country
- SSM Health
- Thrive Autism Solutions
- Walt Disney World
When you enter our M.A. in applied behavior analysis program, you'll gain insight
into the history, research, practice, and ethics of behavior analysis. After you’ve
completed the 24 online credit hours, you’ll begin a practicum at the site of your
choosing under the guidance of your BCBA supervisor. This program is designed to meet
the Behavior Analyst Certification Board’s Fifth Edition Task List, so you’ll be a
Board Certified Behavior Analyst upon graduation.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale
completion of two 3-credit hour graduate level courses with a B or higher
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Letter of intent including professional goals and objectives
- Applicants must identify a potential site to obtain supervised experience
View full requirements
- AB 532 Methods for Studying the Behavior of Individuals.
Learn the basics of conducting research in the field with both single case and behavior
analytic research methods. (3)
- AB 601 Conceptual Topics in Behavior Analysis.
Explore the writings of B.F. Skinner and the foundations of radical behaviorism while
analyzing issues of broad scientific, philosophic, and social significance. (3)
- AB 603 Ethics, Disciplinary Systems, and Professionalism in Applied Behavior Analysis.
Dive into the Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts and learn
to resolve ethical dilemmas while maintaining professionalism in the workplace. (3)
View all courses
- Our faculty are committed to the growth of psychology through research, publications,
and presentations. Dr. Eric Billington is a licensed and Board Certified Behavior
Analyst and the ABA practicum advisor. He has written numerous publications and given
many industry-related presentations, so you're learning from industry experts.
View all faculty