Accessing Degree Works:
- Sign-in to the portal.
- Click on the Faculty or Employee tab.
- Find the “Bookmarks Plus” channel (you can move this channel to a more prominent place).
- Click on the Degree Works General Faculty or Degree Works Professional Advisor link.
- Degree Works will open in a new window. Do not log out of the portal.
Choosing a student:
- Enter the student’s ID number (you must use a capital letter S), hit the Enter key
and the student’s audit will appear.
- To search for a group of students, use the “Find” icon to search for one or more students
using various criteria. You can search by degree, major, minor, etc. Narrow your search
criteria to obtain the audits needed for review. You can mix your criteria (for example,
accounting majors who are freshmen).
- Click on the “Search” button and (up to 500) students with the chosen criteria will
appear at the bottom of the screen. You can use the checkboxes by each student to
choose which students to review.
- Click ok.
- All of the chosen students will now be available from the main audit screen.
- Using the drop down box under “Name,” you will choose the student whose record you
wish to review.
Reviewing the audit:
- WORKSHEETS tab: student’s current audit, updated nightly or refreshed as information
is processed in the Banner student system.
- WORKSHEETS: Student’s audit in either Student View or Registration Checklist.
- STUDENT VIEW – Default view of the student’s audit. Do not have to process new as
audits are refreshed nightly. Also will refresh during the day if a change is made
to the student record in Banner and the advisor or student accesses the audit after
the change was made.
- REGISTRATION CHECKLIST – From FORMAT, use drop down box to choose REGISTRATION CHECKLIST.
Hit “View” and an abbreviated audit will appear, only showing those areas that have
yet to be completed. To return to STUDENT VIEW, choose that option from the drop down
box and hit “View.”
- SAVE AS PDF – Save the audit as a snapshot in time to your desktop as a pdf file.
- PROCESS NEW – Use to process a new audit.
- INCLUDE IN-PROGRESS CLASSES/PREREGISTERED CLASSES – Unchecking “Include preregistered
classes” will show the audit without future enrollment impact. Unchecking “Include
in-progress classes” will show the audit without current enrollment impact. You will
need to click “Process New” after checking/unchecking either box.
- CLASS HISTORY – Class listing in chronological order of all coursework, both Southeast
and transfer work. Does not show repeated courses. Not to be considered a transcript.
- HISTORY: Review the past five audits that were processed, based on degree. Date and
time audit was run will appear. Click “View” after selecting audit to review.
- WHAT IF: What-if audit used to preview program other than declared major.
- LOOK AHEAD: Used to see an audit showing courses for which the student plans to register
in future terms. No guarantee of class availability for any given term.
- PLANNER tab: Semester by semester plan, individual by student.
- COMMENTS tab: View, add, modify or delete comments. Use either drop down box for common
comments or type new comment, keeping in mind that anyone who views the audit will
be able to view the comments.
- EXCEPTIONS tab: Entry form for substitutions and waivers. Not everyone will have access
to the exceptions tab. Only those who have update access will have this tab.
- GPA CALC tab:
- Graduation Calculator: shows what average the student needs in remaining credits to
graduate with desired GPA.
- Term Calculator: shows an estimate of the student’s cumulative GPA after entering
anticipated grades for current semester courses.
- Advice Calculator: shows various credit and grade scenarios in order to achieve a
desired cumulative GPA.
For questions regarding the Degree Works audit, email firstname.lastname@example.org