The following information serves as a guide to assist you in planning for your transfer to Southeast. Every effort is made to keep the information as up-to-date as possible. Advisors at both your current institution and at Southeast should be consulted each semester for new changes that may not yet be reflected here.
To help you identify how courses from selected colleges will transfer to Southeast Missouri State University, transfer course equivalencies are listed in the database below. Course equivalencies may change at any time without notice and are continuously being developed. Southeast Missouri State University reserves the right to make changes in transfer equivalencies at any time. For regionally accredited colleges, if a course is not listed, it will be evaluated for course equivalency at the time of transfer. Courses taken through a community college, while transferable, will not grant senior division credit regardless of course number used in transfer. Credit from regionally accredited institutions is accepted to the extent that it counts toward a transfer degree in the institution where it was earned. Ordinarily, vocational/technical courses will not be transferable. In addition, all grades transfer (including failed grades) and count toward the transfer and overall GPAs at Southeast. If a course is taken more than once, only the most recent grade is counted in GPA.
Transfer courses that are not currently equivalent to specific courses at Southeast will be transferred as department or general elective credit coded as XX 198, XX 398, GE 1XX or GE 3XX. If a student would like to request an elective course be reviewed for specific major, minor or General Education credit, a detailed course description, syllabus or other appropriate documentation may be submitted to the department chair of the corresponding academic division for review.
To request approval in advance for a course not found in our transfer course equivalencies database, complete and submit the Request for Approval of Transfer Credit form. University athletes MUST obtain approval in writing before enrolling in courses to transfer back to Southeast.
Transfer Course Equivalencies
Use our online course equivalency system to see how your college courses will transfer to Southeast!
Degree Works Transfer Equivalency
Use our online degree audit system to place your transfer coursework into the major of your choice and track your degree progress at Southeast! Upon admission to Southeast, results may vary within the official Degree Works audit.
Transfer Articulation Agreements
Mineral Area College – Park Hills, Missouri
- AA in Teaching
Sinclair Community College – Dayton, Ohio
St. Charles Community College – Cottleville, Missouri
Three Rivers Community College – Poplar Bluff, Missouri
- AA in Teaching
- AAT to BS Early Childhood Education
- AAT to BS Elementary Education
- AAT to BS Elementary Education with Middle School Language Arts add-on
- AAT to BS Exceptional Child with Elementary Education add-on
- AS to BSN Online
- Signed BSBA Articulation Agreement
- AA to BSBA
- AA to BSBA Accounting
- AA to BSBA Economics: Business
- AA to BSBA Economics: Financial
- AA to BSBA Entrepreneurship
- AA to BSBA Finance
- AA to BSBA Healthcare Administration
- AA to BSBA International Business
- AA to BSBA Management
- AA to BSBA Management: Human Resource Management
- AA to BSBA Marketing: Integrated Marketing Communications
- AA to BSBA Marketing: Management
- AA to BSBA Marketing: Sales Management
- Signed Agribusiness and Ag Education Articulation Agreement
- AA Agriculture to BS Agribusiness: Agriculture Communications
- AA Agriculture to BS Agribusiness: Agriculture Industry
- AA Agriculture to BS Agribusiness: Agriculture Systems Management
- AA Agriculture to BS Agribusiness: Animal Science
- AA Agriculture to BS Agribusiness: Horticulture
- AA Agriculture to BS Agribusiness: Plant and Soil Science
- AA Agriculture to BSED Agriculture Education