Welcome to Human Resources at Southeast Missouri State University. Our office strives to recruit high quality faculty and staff who value student success and to advance the University as a leading place to work. We provide effective services to support our faculty, staff and students' needs to help them reach their full potential.
Our philosophy is based on these values and principles:
- Respect for individuals.
- People of an organization create its success.
- People must be supported by the organization to nurture success.
- All jobs have inherent dignity and contribute to self-worth.
- Our primary job is to provide quality service.
- Honesty and fairness are cornerstones in all interactions and decisions.
Effective August 1, 2021, and until further notice, the University will provide COVID-19 paid sick and family leave benefits to regular, temporary and student employees. To be eligible for these benefits, employees must be employed on August 1, 2021, or after with active assignments. Eligible employees may receive up to two weeks (80 hours, or a part-time employee’s two-week equivalent) per event of paid sick leave paid for qualifying reasons below. For this purpose, an event is defined as a directed quarantine or isolation period at the household level and not by person. For example, an employee who is caring for two children whose place of care is closed due to COVID-19 related reasons would be eligible for one allotment of 80 hours of leave time.
An eligible employee may take COVID-19 leave if the employee is unable to work, including unable to telework, because the employee:
- is subject to a Federal, State or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19;
- has been advised in writing by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19;
- is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis;
- is caring for an individual subject to an order described in a) or self-quarantine as described in b);
- is caring for his or her minor child (age 14 and younger) whose school or place of care is closed (or childcare provider is unavailable) due to COVID-19 related reasons; or
- is recovering from complications due to receiving the COVID-19 vaccine;
To apply for these leave benefits, eligible employees must notify Human Resources as soon as possible of their need to take leave. An electronic Emergency Paid Leave and Family Medical Leave form must be completed and accompanied by appropriate documentation and/or information to support the employee’s reason(s) for leave. Human Resources will ensure proper payroll time reporting of these leave hours.
Questions should be referred to Human Resources at (573) 651-2206.