See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
What are campus facility hours?
Information on this page reflects hours of operation for publicly accessible services.
As of May 20, 2020
- Classes: All summer courses beginning prior to June 29 are being delivered online or remotely.
At this time, courses beginning June 30 through Aug. 7 will be taught both in-person
and online, with courses to be conducted in the mode of delivery as they were originally
- Catapult Creative House, Rust Center for Media, Art Studios, Practice Rooms and other
areas for academic purposes: Closed until further notice.
- Office hours: All Southeast campuses observing summer office hours of 8 a.m.-4 p.m. through Aug.
All University events on and off campus remain canceled through June 30.
Email, phone and Zoom meetings only through June 26. Beginning June 29, face to
face academic advising available for new and continuing students.
Open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Appointments preferred, walk-ins allowed.
- Campus Tours: Private, individual family tours available beginning June 15, Monday-Friday at 9,
10 and 11 a.m., and at 1 and 2 p.m. Appointment only.
- Athletics Box Office: Open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 8 a.m-4 p.m.
Autism Center: Telehealth services for speech language therapy, psychotherapy and diagnostic interviews
8 a.m.-4 p.m. through June 30; ABA therapy, Building Blocks, group services and diagnostic
testing, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. June 1-Aug. 1.
Open. Dressing rooms closed. Curbside pick-up available.
Campus Health Clinic: Closed until further notice.
- Campus Life and Event Services: Appointment only for ID services.
Catapult Creative House: Closed until further notice.
Center for Speech and Hearing: Services provided via telepractice during summer 2020. Graduate students needing
access to clinical areas should coordinate with the Center’s administrative assistant.
Charles Hutson Horticulture Greenhouse:
Open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday and 9 a.m.-noon on Saturdays. Curbside pickup available
by calling (573) 651-2316 or through Facebook
- Cape and River Campus Computer Labs: Closed until further notice.
- Kent Library Computer Lab: Closed until further notice.
- Sikeston and Kennett: Closed until further notice.
Counseling and Disability Services
: Appointments are available via phone and email. Teleconsult services (via Zoom,
Skype or VSee) will be offered on a limited basis and by appointment only. For crisis
management, contact Counseling and Disability Services at (573) 986-6191 or firstname.lastname@example.org
, or after hours, contact the Department of Public Safety at (573) 651-2911. While
Southeast is not endorsing any particular company, students are also encouraged to
explore services offered by Sanvello (https://www.sanvello.com/
) and other companies for assistance during this time.
Closed until further notice. Interested individuals are encouraged to periodically
visit the Museum webpage
for additional information regarding possible online exhibits or engagements.
Dining Services: Dining Services, with a "to go" option only, are offered seven days a week through
the summer in Towers Café. Brunch will be served from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Dinner
will be served 5-8 p.m. Dine-in in the Towers Café is not permitted at this time.
All other venues are closed for the summer, including the UC Redhawks Market, Starbucks,
Panda Express, Subway, Kaldi's, St. Vincent's Commons, Houck's Place and Rowdy's.
Open by appointment only Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m. through June 30 Collaboration
spaces remain closed.
Holcomb Success Center: Closed until further notice.
Horizons Enrichment Center: Normal operating hours, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Human Resources: Available by phone and email through June 30. Beginning July 1, face-to-face meetings
available by appointment only.
IT Help Desk:
Technical support via telephone, email and chat available. In-person services available
by appointment only by contacting (573) 651-4357 or email@example.com
- KRCU: Open. Appointment only.
- Mathematics Learning Center and Computer Lab: Closed during the summer 2020 semester.
- Parking Services: Available by telephone at (573) 651-2310 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Redhawk Food Pantry (in Textbook Rental): Closed until further notice.
- Regional Professional Development Center: Consultants available by telephone or email, and virtual support as needed. All workshops
suspended through June 30.
- Residence Halls: Summer housing is offered in Towers South. Office of Residence Life is available
by telephone 8 a.m.–4 p.m. Monday-Friday at (573) 651-2274 or by email, email@example.com.
- Registrar: Email, phone and Zoom meetings available through June 29.
- Show Me Center Box Office: Open, by appointment only 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Sikeston and Kennett Regional Campuses: Limited access. Call ahead or schedule an appointment encouraged.
- STEM Learning Center and Computer Labs: Closed during summer 2020.
- Student Financial Services: Available by email and phone Monday-Friday 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
- COVID-19 Relief Request: As part of the CARES Act, Southeast is able to provide direct financial relief to
- Student Recreation Center: Open to students and members only until further notice Monday-Friday 5:30 a.m.-8
p.m. and Saturday-Sunday noon-7 p.m. No new memberships or guest passes. No competitive
sports or event reservations at this time.
- Aquatic Center: Open to students and members only until further notice Monday-Friday 5:30-7 a.m.,
11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 4-7 p.m., and Saturday-Sunday noon-3 p.m. Fitness/lap swimming
only. Leisure elements and hot tub closed.
- Testing Services: No visitors or walk-ins allowed. Open for testing and fingerprinting appointments
only through June 30m Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Textbook Rental: Open for online ordering and curbside pickup only. For information on returning textbooks
or picking up books for the summer semester, visit the Textbook Rental website.
- Transit/Shuttles, including WINGS: No shuttle services are available.
- Tutoring Services: No tutorial services during the Summer 2020 semester. Tutorial sessions will resume
with the fall 2020 semester.
- University Center: Closed until further notice.
- U.S. Bank (inside Southeast Bookstore): Closed until further notice.
- University School for Young Children: Normal operating hours.
- Wehking Alumni Center: Open.
What efforts are being made to keep facilities on campus clean?
Facilities Management continues to complete high-touch cleaning throughout
campus. This includes:
- Cleaning and disinfecting all restrooms and shower rooms
- Disinfecting all high touch areas (door handles, student desks, light switches, etc.)
- Trash Removal
- Cleaning entrance areas
- Cleaning public areas
- Cleaning classrooms (floors and walls)
- Cleaning offices, specifically:
- Emptying trash containers and cleaning trash cans as needed.
- Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and dusting.
- Spot cleaning carpet, desks and tables.
- Additional cleaning practices in areas such as open computer labs are being enhanced
(e.g. Lab Assistants have always wiped down keyboards and mice with sanitizing wipes
in open computer labs. Additionally, users are now being providing wipes to clean keyboards
and mice before they use them). IT staff and academic departmental staff will continue
wiping down computer labs.