Begin Jan 21
Next session begins
Train online for an advanced role as a computing professional.
Master New and Trending Technologies
Artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and data analytics aren’t just buzzwords
anymore—they’re big business. Turn these terms into your area of expertise, so you
can advance tomorrow's emerging and converging technologies.
Boost Your Employability
There will soon be more job openings for computer science graduates than qualified
employees. Develop the critical experience you need to put your interests to work
in this growing career field. Course work in this program focuses on developing skills
employers look for.
Southeast's online applied computer science faculty are the same faculty who teach
in campus classrooms. You will learn and be supported by faculty with impressive educational
and professional backgrounds as you pursue your degree.
Download Program Info
The numbers tell the story…
per credit hour
employed or in grad school
- No prior computing education required
- NSA designation as National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education
- Few prerequisites required
- Courses reviewed with Quality Matters
- Closely work with faculty mentors who are industry professionals
We let our graduates do the talking...
"My experience at Southeast and the classes that I have taken have prepared me to
work in any field. I can be a software developer, database administrator, or teacher.
There are so many opportunities."Sarah Aldossari ' 18, Computer Science
Our Alumni Go Places.
Below are just a few examples of the companies who hire graduates from the Harrison
College of Business and Computing at Southeast Missouri State.
- Anders CPAs + Advisors /AT&T
- Bunge North America
- Dell Secureworks
- DHL Supply Chain
- Edward Jones
- Ernst & Young
- Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
- JPMorgan Chase
- Major Brands
- MGM Resorts International
- Northwestern Mutual
- TG Missouri
- The Bank of Missouri
- Thompson Financial Advisors
- Tyson Foods Inc.
- U.S. Bank
- Vizient, Inc.
The Master of Science in applied computer science is designed to prepare current computer
science professionals for career advancement in the computing field or to prepare
students with no background in computer science to enter the field. This program covers
a broad range of courses, so you can focus your knowledge base in a specific area
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information systems, or related field*
- Minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Completed at least 6 hours of science and 6 hours of mathematics in undergraduate
*Students with a bachelor's degree from another field will be required to take up
to 2 prerequisites (provisional admission)
View full requirements
- CS505: Data Mining
Explore trends, principles, and applications of data mining. (3)
- CS630: Current Topics in Human Computer Interaction
Learn to design, implement, and evaluate interactive systems. (3)
- CY620: Computer Forensics
Equip yourself with evidence collection, data analysis, and incidence response techniques
for combatting cyber crime. (3)
View all courses
- Dr. Suhair Amer earned her Ph.D. from the Department of Computer Science and Software
Engineering at Auburn University and joined Southeast Missouri State University's
Department of Computer Science in 2008. She is a member and past president of Southeast's
Phi Kappa Phi honor society.
View all faculty