See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Begin AUGUST 24
Next session begins
Take the next step in service with your Master of Public Administration.
Master Public Policy Communications
A great leader has to know how to share information and ideas effectively. Learn how
to best organize your thoughts in writing and for presentations.
Sharpen Problem-Solving Skills
In your career, you'll be faced with tough choices. Develop the skills to make ethical
and strategic decisions for an evolving world.
Choose Your Track
You have options when it comes to completing your program. Write a thesis or participate
in an internship.
Download Program Info
The numbers tell the story…
92% employed or in grad school
- Study both nonprofit and local government
- Learning opportunity through internship
- Faculty mentors with business experience
- No prerequisites
- Courses reviewed with Quality Matters
We let our graduates do the talking...
"I am learning about being a government employee and how to manage and work in a non-profit
organization. I get excited when I think of the policies that need to be fixed to
help more people and how I can change them with my education and experience."Amanda Rogers '18, Master of Public Administration
Our Alumni Go Places.
Charitable Organization Directors, Disaster Relief Effort Leaders, Grant Program Managers,
Heads of Chambers of Commerce
Below are just a few examples of the companies who hire graduates from the College
of Humanities and Social Science at Southeast Missouri State.
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- Enterprise Holdings
- Guin, Mundorf LLC
- Missouri Botanical Gardens
- Missouri Court of Appeals
- Missouri History Museum
- Missouri House of Representatives
- Missouri Recovery Network
- Missouri State Highway Patrol
- National Transportation Safety Board
- Nestle Purina
- Redwood Logistics
- Sherwin Williams
- State of Missouri
- St. Louis Art Museum
- The Center for Youth and Family
- United States Air Force
- United States Department of Forestry
- United States Department of State
- United States Peace Corps
- United States Secret Service
The Master of Public Administration is ideal for students interested in an active
role in public service or nonprofit administration.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university
- Undergraduate grade point average of 2.7 on a 4.0 point scale
- Two letters of recommendation
- *GRE, GMAT, or LSAT scores are not required for admission, but may be submitted to
View full requirements
- PS505: Organization Theory and Behavior- Study topics like leadership, culture, job
satisfaction, and motivation.
- PS603: Examine the history, concepts, research and operation of government personnel
practices, procedures, and issues.
- PS615: Learn how to prepare and authorize the expenditure of the federal budget.
View all courses
- Dr. Jeremy Walling earned his doctorate degree at the University of Kansas. He has
completed internships and consulting jobs for the U.S. Government Accountability Office
and the Springfield/Green County (Missouri) Health Department, among others. His recent
research has examined the careers of American state governors. Dr. Walling has published
chapters in The Constitutionalism of American States and The Handbook of Administrative
View all faculty