Begin MAY 19
Next session begins
Ready to advance your career? Our classes are too.
Advance Your Career
If you're ready to get a graduate degree to advance your teaching career, our program
infuses technology into your classroom. Plus, you'll get educational theory, research,
instructional strategies, and assessment methods to maximize your learning and improve
your teaching performance.
Classes are 100% online and made to fit your busy teaching schedule.
Quality, Accredited University
Southeast is consistently recognized for academic excellence by the U.S. News & World
Report Best Colleges Rankings for institutions in the Midwest and is fully accredited
by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the National Council
for the Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Download Program Info
The numbers tell the story…
per credit hour
employed or in grad school
- Apple Distinguished School
- Options in Educational Technology and Educational Studies
- Customize courses through education studies option
- Flexible schedule with teachers in mind
- Courses reviewed by Quality Matters
We let our graduates do the talking...
"I am a proud Southeast graduate and have great respect for the professors in my program."Linda Beck ' 14, MA in Secondary Education, 2016 Missouri Department of Elementary
and Secondary Education Regional Teacher of the Year
Our Alumni Go Places.
Below are just a few examples of the companies who hire graduates from the College
of Education, Health and Human Studies at Southeast Missouri State.
- AB Spectrum
- Baltimore Ravens
- BJC HealthCare
- Bootheel Counseling Services
- Coastal Orthopedics
- Cardinal Glennon
- Community Counseling Center
- Jumpstart Autism Center
- Kedrion Biopharma
- Mayo Clinic
- Mercy Hospital
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- New Vision Counseling
- Saint Francis Healthcare System
- School Districts Across the Country
- SSM Health
- Thrive Autism Solutions
- Walt Disney World
The Master of Arts in secondary education is an online graduate degree offering options
in educational technology and educational studies. Our programs are nationally and
state accredited. Our graduates are highly sought after by school districts.
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) and a valid teaching certificate are not required
View full requirements
- SE 600. Multimedia in Education.
This is a product-oriented course that examines the role of a variety of media sources
in the classroom. (3).
- SE 638. Improvement of Instruction and Assessment.
The class is designed for those teachers who are interested in increasing their knowledge
and understanding of the teaching process and effective procedures for the improvement
of instruction, classroom management, and assessment in the learning environment.
- SE 641. Teaching in a Multicultural Society.
The foundations of multicultural education are considered along with approaches to
multicultural education and teaching strategies applicable to all ages/grades/subjects.
View all courses
- "In order to promote a sense of community and collaboration, I design each class to
address active student engagement where my philosophy centers on the constructivist
approach to learning."
—Dr. Lisa Bertrand
View all faculty