Founded in 1873
- Southeast’s main campus and River Campus are located in Cape Girardeau, MO.
- Regional campuses are located in Sikeston and Kennett.
- Southeast offers a delivery site in Poplar Bluff, MO on the Three Rivers College campus.
- The population of Cape Girardeau County is approximately 78,000.
- The size of the main campus is 328 acres.
Enrollment (Fall 2018)
- Undergraduate enrollment is 10,041; graduate enrollment is 1,030.
- Student population is 59.5% female/40.5% male.
- The multi-cultural population is 14% and increases to 20% when including international
- There are 633 international students from 65 different countries studying at Southeast.
- 82% of the students are from Missouri. Nonresident students represent almost all 50
states, with the largest nonresident representation being from Illinois.
- Average age of undergraduate students is 22.
- Residential student body is approximately 3,000.
Academics (Fall 2018)
- The average ACT score is 22.6 and the average cumulative GPA is 3.47 for full-time
- The average freshmen class size is 30-35 students.
- The student-to-faculty ratio is 20-to-1.
- Southeast offers 145+ undergraduate majors, 100+ undergraduate certificates and minors
and 75+ graduate programs.
- Over 1,300 courses are offered each semester
- More than 260 online courses are offered
- Southeast offers more than 80 study-abroad options.
- The average freshman-to-sophomore retention rate is 74.4%.
- The average four-year graduation rate is 32.2%; five-year 45.9%; and six year 48.8%.
- The vast majority of courses are taught by full-time faculty with doctoral degrees.
- Southeast has five academic colleges: Harrison College of Business and Computer, Holland
College of Arts and Media, College of Education, Health and Human Studies, College
of Humanities and Social Sciences and College of Science, Technology, Engineering
- Students may choose from 21 residence halls and 10 dining venues.
- There are more than 230 student organizations
- 19% of students are members of Greek social fraternities and sororities.
- More than 5,000 students participate in intramural sports or sports clubs.
- A student recreation center with a resort quality aquatic center is available to students.
- Southeast has been a member of the NCAA Division I Ohio Valley Conference since 1991.
- Southeast has claimed 53 OVC regular-season titles and 18 OVC tournament titles as
well as having eight teams make NCAA Division I tournament appearances.
- Men’s athletics include baseball, basketball, cross country, football and indoor and
- Women’s athletics include basketball, cross country, gymnastics, indoor and outdoor
track, softball, soccer, tennis and volleyball.