See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Fast facts: Enrollment, retention, and academic offerings (Fall 2020)
- Undergraduate enrollment is 8,929 and graduate enrollment is 1,072.
- Enrollment included 525 undergraduate transfer students.
- The student population is 61.5% female and 38.5% male.
- The student population includes 8.4% Black/African American, 2.3% Hispanic, and 3.4%
students from other minority ethnic groups.
- The five-year average incoming freshmen class size is 1,647 students.
- The average ACT score is 22.39 and the average cumulative GPA is 3.54 for full-time
- The freshman-to-sophomore retention rate is 80%.
- The average age of undergraduate students is 22.
- The four-year graduation rate is 39.4%; five-year 49.7%; and six year 50.6%.
- Southeast offers more than 200 areas of study.
- Over 1,550 courses are offered each semester.
- More than 350 courses are offered online.
- Southeast offers a wide variety of study-abroad options in more than 35 countries.
- The student-to-faculty ratio is 19:1.
Fast facts: Campus life and athletics (Academic Year 2019)
- 77% of the students are from Missouri.
- Out-of-state students represent almost all 50 states, with the largest out-of-state
representation being from Illinois.
- There are 475 international students from 55 different countries studying at Southeast.
- 66% of students are using University Career Services.
- The residential student body is approximately 22%.
- More than 40% of undergraduate students are active members of a student organization
and more than 1,000 of these students are in a direct student leadership position
or participating in a University leadership development program.
- Students may choose from 10 residence halls and 9 dining venues.
- There are more than 238 student organizations.
- 16% of students are members of Greek social fraternities and sororities.
- The Student Recreation Center and the Student Aquatic Center are available for students.
- More than 5,000 students participate in intramural sports or sports clubs.
- Southeast competes in NCAA Division I, Ohio Valley Conference athletics. Southeast's
mascot is Rowdy the Redhawk, and the campus colors are red and black.
- Women's sports are basketball, cross country, gymnastics, soccer, softball, tennis,
track (indoor/outdoor), and volleyball. There are 159 female athletes.
- Men's sports are baseball, basketball, cross country, football, and track (indoor/outdoor).
There are 204 male athletes.
- 569 students participated in dance, music, and theatre events and productions.