Welcome to the Southeast Missouri State University Autism Center for Diagnosis and Treatment.
Our mission is to provide quality inclusive services that help individuals and families turn their potential into reality.
Our vision is to be the leading resource for multidisciplinary services in Southeast Missouri. We are guided by measurable outcomes, diversity, and inclusion. Our goal is to provide quality individualized services that empower individuals and families to access the support, trust, and advocacy they need to flourish.
Family Centered: Family centered services focus on involving caregivers and consumers in learning strategies to increase their overall quality of life.
Diversity: We strive to create an inclusive environment that honors the unique backgrounds and diverse needs of the individuals and families we serve. Our goal is to assist our customers to overcome barriers to success while providing services that are sensitive to their cultural, socio-economic, physical, behavioral health, and personal needs.
Compassion: We deliver services humanely, using the most effective and least intrusive options available.
Collaboration: We are a multidisciplinary treatment facility with licensed and certified clinicians. We work closely together to provide an individualized treatment package for the specific needs of our consumers. We work closely with parents, pediatricians, schools, psychiatrists, and other professionals to ensure continuity of care.
Integrity: Diagnostic and treatment services are consistent with current developmental disability science. Interventions are data driven and implemented with fidelity. We strive to maintain open and honest communication with our consumers and their families.
Enthusiasm: We are passionate about the services we deliver, endeavoring to foster an environment of creativity and innovation. Our success is measured by our consumer’s success.
To provide services to address autism-specific service needs in a manner consistent with the following goals:
- Increasing access and reducing wait time for diagnostic and treatment services
- Providing critical diagnostic information to families in a timely manner which includes appropriate referrals for other services their child may be eligible to receive and identify the treatment options
- Providing evidence-based intervention services and advocating in the child’s community
- Conducting training for pre-professional students and community professionals to increase the capacity for services throughout the state
The Autism Center maintains operations with the following funding:
- Contracts with the Missouri State Department of Mental Health, Division of Developmental Disabilities, Office of Autism Services
- Missouri Autism Projects, Parent Advisory Committee-Southeast Region (SE PAC)
- The University Autism Center is an approved provider for the Missouri Department of Mental Health Regional Offices
Health insurance, including Missouri MedicaidRESOURCES
Please feel free to investigate these national and Missouri resources below to further your knowledge about Autism Spectrum Disorder and the services that are available throughout the US.
Request Information from the Autism Center
Missouri Autism Centers
We are one of the six Missouri Autism Centers designated by the Missouri Department of Mental Health, Division of Developmental Disabilities. These centers seek to establish a model for high-quality research and service delivery.
University Autism Center
We’re committed to quality service