Submit Your Vaccine Card
Southeast Missouri State University encourages students, faculty and staff to get
vaccinated against COVID-19.
Time and time again, we have said “thank you” for all that you did to reduce the spread
of COVID-19 last year. It’s a new academic year, with new tools to fight COVID-19.
We have all been in this together from the start. And, again, we are asking you to
do your part to keep our University community safe.
Achieve a 70% vaccination rate for students, faculty and staff by November 1, 2021.
YOU CAN HELP US ACHIEVE THIS GOAL!
The Give Away
A vaccinated campus population will improve our chances of continuing to do things
we love to do.
To help encourage our students to continue to get vaccinated, a $25 Redbucks account
credit or a $25 Southeast Bookstore gift card will be given to the first 2,000 students
receiving either a first or second dose between now and October 1 at a vaccination
clinic on the Southeast campus.
All students who have submitted proof of full vaccination will also automatically
be entered to win one of 200 cash prizes. These drawings will begin soon and continue
through November 1 to reward those who have already been vaccinated and to encourage
participation in vaccination clinics this fall.
|Date of Drawing
||Cash Prize and Number of Prizes By Date
|Monday, September 20
|Monday, October 4
|Monday, October 18
|Monday, November 1
The Get Away
If we meet the 70% vaccination rate goal, students, faculty and staff will enjoy a
weeklong Thanksgiving holiday break. Classes scheduled for November 22 and 23 will
be cancelled and offices will be closed November 22-26.
Assessing the Fully Vaccinated Rate
To help measure vaccination rates at Southeast, students, faculty and staff are invited
to log their vaccine record. Please only provide evidence of full vaccination. You
can log your information several ways:
- Upload a scan or photo of your CDC vaccination card. The uploaded image must be clear and must include the name of the vaccinated person.
- Present your Southeast ID and vaccination card, which must be easy to read and include
the name of the vaccinated person, at one of these locations during regular business
hours during regular business hours beginning Monday, Aug. 30 at 9 a.m.:
- Student Recreation Center
- University Center, room 413
- River Campus Chart Clinic in Dobbins Center
- Kennett Campus
- Sikeston Campus
- Cape College Center
- Poplar Bluff, TRC Westover Administration Bldg. #200A
- Participants in a vaccination clinic on the Southeast campus after August 23, can
log their information at the time the vaccine is received.
- Submissions must be entered by the vaccinated person to be valid (friends and family
cannot submit on behalf of students, faculty or staff).
Vaccine information will solely be used for the purpose of assessing the percentage
of fully vaccinated individuals in our campus community and to select students to
win prizes. Vaccine information will not be maintained for use by contact tracers
or as a part of person’s medical record, as the University does not maintain medical
records for students or employees. The uploaded image of a vaccine record card will
be deleted once it has been reviewed.
On-Campus Vaccine Clinics
- Students can receive one $25 gift for attending a vaccine clinic, for either their
first or second dose.
- Students must provide full proof of vaccination by the close of business the day prior
to the drawing to win prizes.
- Students must be enrolled at the time of the drawing to win a prize.
- Students may receive only one of the cash prizes from the bi-weekly drawings.
- Students who are also benefit-eligible employees are not eligible to win prizes or
receive gift cards.
- Students enrolled as Early College/Dual Credit are not eligible for prize drawings
or gift cards.
- The $500 and $250 cash prizes will be paid directly to students in the form of a direct
deposit to their bank account. Students who do not have direct deposit established
by the drawing date will have checks mailed to their permanent address on file.
- Payments will be processed as follows: September 20 drawings will be paid October
1, October 4 drawings will be paid October 15, October 18 drawings will be paid October
29, and November 1 drawings will be paid November 12. Payments will be processed as
follows: September 20 drawings will be paid October 1, October 4 drawings will be
paid October 15, October 18 drawings will be paid October 29, and November 1 drawings
will be paid November 12.
- International students who receive any prize will receive an IRS1042 form and will
be responsible for the taxes on the gift.
- Southeast Bookstore gift cards and cash prizes will be taxable for prize recipients
who are also student employees.
- Cash prize recipients agree to allow their name and/or likeness to be used to publicly
announce their prize status.
- Unvaccinated faculty, staff and students will also benefit from the extended Thanksgiving
break if the vaccination rate goal is achieved.
- An extended Thanksgiving break would be considered extra designated holidays for faculty
and staff, therefore not requiring electronic timesheet recording.