Office: Scully 427G
- Ph.D., Developmental Psychology, University of California, Riverside
- M.A., Developmental Psychology, University of California, Riverside
- B.S., Psychology, National Chengchi University, Taiwan
- Psychological Perspectives on Human Behavior
- Introduction to Psychology
- The Child: Development from Conception to Adolescence
- Psychological Development Across the Life Span
- Development of the Adolescent
- Advanced Research in Psychology
- First Year Seminar: Sanity Over the Ages
- Developmental psychology, culture, family, parenting, decision making, risk-taking
behavior, sleep, adolescence, emerging adulthood
- Chou, C. P., & Chou, E. P. T. (2018). Perceived parental psychological control and
behavioral control among emerging adults: A cross-cultural study between the U.S.
and Taiwan. Current Psychology. doi: 10.1007/s12144-018-9893-8
- Chou, C. P., Chou, E. P. T., & Lee, C. H. (2018). Perceived parental control and risk-taking
from a machine learning approach. The European Conference on Psychology & the Behavioral
Sciences 2018 Official Conference Proceedings (pp. 13-23). Japan: The International
- McCoy, S. S., Chou, C. P., & Guerra, N. G. (2016). Core competencies (2nd ed.). In
R. J. Levesque (Ed.). Encyclopedia of Adolescence. New York, New York: Springer
- Chou, C. (2018, April). Personality and selfie-taking among emerging adults: The role
of parental control. Presented at the 2018 Biennial Meeting of the Society for Research
on Adolescence, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Chou, C., Cardenas, A., & Kube, M. (2017, Nov). Stress and substance use among college
students: The role of stress coping and risk perception. Presented at the 2017 Conference
of the Society for the Study of Emerging Adulthood, Washington, DC
- Chou, C., Shoemaker, P., & Joseph, B. (2017, April). Sleep quality as a mediator between
parental control and cigarette use. Presented at the 2017 Biennial Meeting of the
Society for Research in Child Development, Austin, Texas.
- Chou, C. (2016, March). Parental control and substance use among Taiwanese adolescents:
The role of risk tolerance for self and others. Presented at the 2016 Biennial Meeting
of the Society for Research on Adolescence, Baltimore, Maryland.
- Chou, C., & Natsuaki, M. N. (2015, March). How does culture matter? Influences of
parental control and decision making on risk-taking behavior. Presented at the 2015
Biennial Meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.