Begin AUGUST 24
Next session begins
Take the next step to become a leader in your school.
Advance Your Career
We never stop learning and you have a desire to change your education system. You
are looking for an innovative curriculum that will work with you.
Quality, Accredited University
Southeast Missouri State University is consistently recognized for academic excellence
by the U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges Rankings for institutions in the Midwest
and is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and
the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Download Program Info
The numbers tell the story…
per credit hour
employed or in grad school
- Apple Distinguished School
- Emphasis on technology in the classroom
- Fully accredited
- Faculty are prior school administrators
- Flexible courses built with teachers in mind
- Courses reviewed by Quality Matters
We let our graduates do the talking...
"I had a lot of opportunities to develop leadership skills. I think SEMO prepared
me for the first step, and I was blessed to have many opportunities thereafter."Dr. Stephen Hefner, '70 Superintendent for Lexington-Richland District Five public
Our Alumni Go Places.
Below are just a few examples of the companies who hire graduates from the College
of Education, Health and Human Studies at Southeast Missouri State.
- AB Spectrum
- Baltimore Ravens
- BJC HealthCare
- Bootheel Counseling Services
- Coastal Orthopedics
- Cardinal Glennon
- Community Counseling Center
- Jumpstart Autism Center
- Kedrion Biopharma
- Mayo Clinic
- Mercy Hospital
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- New Vision Counseling
- Saint Francis Healthcare System
- School Districts Across the Country
- SSM Health
- Thrive Autism Solutions
- Walt Disney World
The Master of Arts in elementary and secondary school administration program prepares
students to work in administrative roles in schools and districts. At Southeast, our
programs are nationally and state accredited. Our graduates are highly sought after
by school districts.
- An undergraduate GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 point scale
- A bachelor’s degree in education
- A valid teaching certificate
View full requirements
View All Courses
- EA 625. Foundations of Educational Administration.
Explore the foundational principles of establishing a clear focus, managing change,
creating a purposeful community, special educational and career education. (3).
- EA 630. Elementary School Administration.
This course provides students with knowledge and skills required for the position
of elementary principal. (3).
- EA 634. School Supervision.
Provides the knowledge and skills necessary for personnel supervision in schools.
- Dr. Tahsin Khalid is an accomplished educator with research interests that include
determining teacher and student perception related to various issues, exploring various
instructional strategies, and exploring the classroom use of various technology tools.
View all faculty