“The Call of the Void,” an exhibition of works by Southeast University State University students artists is on display through Jan. 21 at Southeast’s Catapult Creative House.
The students worked to create the artwork for and curate this exhibition as part of a “Professional Practices” course, taught by Justin Miller, professor of art and design at Southeast. The exhibition features various media including painting, sculpture, digital art and photography. Rather than adhering to a particular theme, the students’ combined work demonstrates a stylistic patchwork of creative thoughts and ideas.
Twelve student artists are featured in “The Call of the Void” exhibit:
- Amber Huckaba, a senior painting major from Fredericktown, Mo.
- Seraphina McAteer, a senior ceramics major from Cedar Hill, Mo.
- Emerson Outman, a senior art major with minors in art history and architectural design from Jackson, Mo.
- Alona Jenkins, a junior commercial photography major from St. Louis, Mo.
- Hailey Rainey, a senior commercial photography major from Dexter, Mo.
- Min Lee, a senior commercial photography major from Incheon, South Korea
- Zoe Oetterer, a junior commercial photography major from Washington, Mo.
- Grant Burrell, a senior sculpture major from Bloomington, Ill.
- Jerry Williams, a junior sculpture major from Portageville, Mo.
- Kristin Obermiller, a senior art major with a psychology minor from Kennett, Mo.
- Sarah Bussmann, a senior digital arts major from Ballwin, Mo.
- Zoe Zeuschel, a senior digital arts major from St. Charles, Mo.
Attendees are welcome to tour the entire Catapult facilities including Southeast’s Department of Art and Design student studios and gallery. Visitors are also invited to browse the merchandise in the Catapult Creative House Shoppe, which features student work and local business products.
Catapult Creative House is located at 612 Broadway in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Hours of operation are Monday through Saturday 8 a.m.-4 p.m. All gallery exhibitions, events and talks are free and open to the public.