Just because you aren't physically sick, doesn't mean you can’t be sick with stress. Taking care of your mental health, especially in times where you haven’t felt your best, is just as important as taking care of your physical health.
Taking a mental health day isn't something you should feel guilty about; sometimes you need a day off to recoup and rest your mind!
It's important to recognize when you are feeling overwhelmed and stressed, or maybe just aren’t feeling like yourself . Some common signs of stress are:
- Having headaches regularly.
- Frequently being sick since stress can take a toll on your immune system.
- If you have decreased energy and insomnia.
- If your skin has been breaking out more than usual.
- Having digestive issues.
- You’ve noticed a change in your appetite.
- Having a fast heartbeat and increased heart rate.
- Excess sweating