You want to further your education, and we want to welcome you to our campus community. International graduate students can find information about necessary steps for applying for admission to Southeast.
STEP 1: COMPILE ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS, AND CREATE COPIES OF EACH IN PDF FORMAT
Required application documents include:
- Transcripts (see Academic Credential Standard)
- Submitted transcripts in PDF format are considered unofficial. After an applicant is admitted, official copies of transcripts are required to be submitted before student can enroll in courses.
- Academic credential standards for transcripts to be official are detailed in our policies and guidelines. Transcripts must remain sealed as they were by the issuing educational institution. If your school does not seal their transcripts as a standard procedure, please request that they place your transcripts in a sealed envelope and stamp the outside flap with their school seal. Please do not open the envelope as this will void the transcripts. Please ensure you mail the transcripts by the deadline listed under policies.
- Proof of English proficiency (see English Proficiency Requirements)
- Test scores submitted by applicant are considered unofficial. After applicant is admitted, official test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency by the deadline listed under policies.
- Financial affidavit and proof of finances (see Financial Proof Standard)
- Web-only applicants are not required to submit proof of finances
- Passport copy
- Please include valid passport copies for all dependents listed on your application.
- Passport must be valid at least six months beyond the intended program start date.
- Additional documents and/or tests as required by your graduate department (More Information)
- Submitted copies of test scores in application are considered unofficial. Test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to be official.
- If you are studying in the US, please submit the SEVIS Visa Status Verification Form. This form is a verification of your visa status, and not a request to transfer your SEVIS record to us. Please note that
Southeast does NOT accept SEVIS record in terminated or completed status.
STEP 2: COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION
- Go to our application page and create an account.
- Choose the level (Academic Level= Graduate/Master’s, Student Type= New First Time) and program you want to study, as well as the entry term you are applying for. Please be sure to complete your application before our posted Application Deadlines.
- Upload all required documents in the application. Important notes:
- All uploaded files must be in .pdf format
- If possible, save your .pdf files with your family name and name of document (e.g., Smith_transcript.pdf).
- Be sure to upload the required documents in the correct fields.
- Only one document can be uploaded into each field. Documents saved in an upload field will be deleted from the system when another document is uploaded.
- Submit the online application and pay the $60 non-refundable application fee prior to our posted Application Deadlines.
- Arrange to have all required official transcripts and test scores sent to Southeast. See Deadline to Submit Official Transcripts and/or Test Scores. Students are not allowed to enroll in courses, and scholarships are not applied to accounts until all official transcript and/or test scores are received.
- Southeast does not require a tuition deposit. First tuition payment is due at the beginning of the first semester.
- Merit-based scholarships will be listed on the Form I-20 (see requirements). Scholarships are based on current tuition rate, enrollment requirements, subject to terms and pending verification from Student Financial Services. Merit-based scholarships are determined before your first semester at Southeast. Students will be able to view the award once they are enrolled in classes.
- Admitted students should read their acceptance letter carefully for the conditions of admission and the next steps prior to enrollment.
- Review important information regarding arrival at SEMO.
- Visit the U.S. Department of State website for travel advisories (the guidance may be subject to change so please ensure you check the website directly for current advisories).
- Please note admission is valid only for the semester listed on the admit letter and Form I-20. A new application is required for anyone seeking to defer admission