Returning after winter break can be exciting but also it is a slow gradual process when trying to get back into your routine after being away from Cape Girardeau and/or out of classes for that long. Here are some tips to help make that process smoother and more enjoyable!
Organize Your Schedule:
- Review your class schedule, assignments, and any important dates. Set up a planner or calendar to keep track of deadlines.
- Establish a daily or weekly routine to help you manage your time effectively.
Clean Your Living Space:
- Make sure your room is clean and you are content with it, you will be more productive and happier in a clean space.
- Add some decorations or get some flowers for your desk to look at while studying.
Review Course Material:
- Take some time to review the syllabus that professors provide before starting your new class schedule to feel prepared and not as stressed out.
- Refresh your memory on your study routine to make the transition back to classes smoother.
Connect With Classmates:
- Reach out to classmates to get a jump on building connections in class.
- Get to know people in your new classes to help make it easier to form study groups or discussion sessions to collaborate on assignments or clarify doubts.
Check Email and Notifications:
- Go through your college email and other communication channels.
- Look for important announcements, changes in schedules, or any updates from professors.
Prepare Your Study Space and Get Your Textbooks:
- Set up a dedicated and organized study space.
- Make sure you have all the necessary materials and pick up your textbooks at Textbook Rental Services.
Update Technology and Software:
- Make sure that your laptop, software, and other technology are up-to-date.
- Check if you need any new software for your courses and install it in advance.
Take Care of Yourself and Set Realistic Goals:
- Prioritize self-care to manage stress and maintain overall well-being. Get enough sleep, eat healthily, and engage in activities that help you relax.
- Define your academic and personal goals for the semester.
Spend Time With Your Roommates and Friends:
- Make sure to catch up with your friends that you haven’t recently seen and tell them all about your break. This is a fun way to spend your time before class work starts back up.
- Plan times to hang out with your friends to ensure quality time is spend with them during the adjustment period of the semester.
Remember that the transition back to college may take some time, so be patient with yourself. Utilize these tips to create a positive and productive start to the semester.