Southeast Missouri State University recognizes the value of contributions made by
its Clerical, Technical and Service (CTS) staff. Accordingly, the University has instituted
the following programs whereby Regular or Term CTS employees will be awarded variance
to their salaries. CTS employees must choose between CAPOM (if certified prior to
December 31, 2016) and MOS certification or a combination of CAP (if certified prior
to December 31, 2016) and one MOS certification.
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification
- Southeast Missouri State University recognizes the value of the contributions made
by its Clerical,
Technical and Service staff. Accordingly, the University has instituted the MOS Certification
whereby Regular or Term CTS employees will be awarded variance to their salaries for
- $400 increment ($0.192 per hour x 40 hours per week x 52 weeks) as a variance to their
completion of any of the requirements for Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification
Excel, Access, PowerPoint or Outlook and receipt of the certificate (or written evidence
thereof). The maximum salary variance payable will not exceed $1,600 per year. For
part-time employees, the $400
salary variance will be pro-rated to the employee's percent of full-time assignment.
- To have the increment added to their salaries, CTS employees must provide Human Resources
written communication that they have qualified for the MOS certification. The increment
effective the pay period following the submission of a copy of the certification to
- The University will reimburse an eligible staff member once for a maximum of four
reimbursements should come from departmental operating budgets.
- To maintain the MOS salary variance, CTS employees must become re-certified every
five years from the
date of the preceding certification.
- A copy of the current certificate will be maintained in the employee’s personnel file.