Emerging Leaders (EL) is a spring semester, University-sponsored student leadership
program designed to further the development of the University’s future leaders by
refining their leadership abilities and instilling in them a commitment to the campus
The program is open to first-year and second-year undergraduate students interested
in developing their interpersonal skills through fun and creative activities with
reflection on topics related to: communication, diversity, decision making, and professionalism.
Participants are expected to attend weekly sessions throughout the spring semester,
attend a free weekend retreat, and work together on a project in which they apply
their leadership skills.
To be eligible to participate in the EL program, a student must:
- Demonstrate potential for leadership positions and service to the University community.
- Currently be enrolled as a Southeast undergraduate student.
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University.
- Have completed less than 60 hours. Exceptions may be made for students who have over 60 hours.
- Have successfully completed the Emerging Leaders application and a group interview
with the EL facilitator team.
Participants must make the following commitment to the EL program:
- Attend every 2-hour session held on Wednesdays, 5:30pm - 7:30pm, from January 30 -
April 24, 2019.
- Attend a free off-campus weekend retreat held Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon,
March 1 - 3, 2019.
How to Apply as a Participant in the Emerging Leaders Program:
Applications for 2019 EL program were due on November 9, 2018. After subsequent group
interviews, the 2019 Class of Emerging Leaders was selected. Applications for 2020
Emerging Leaders will be open in the Fall 2019 semester -- the Application Form will be accessible on this webpage once the application is open.
For more information, visit Campus Life & Event Services in UC 414 or email email@example.com.
Emerging Leaders Facilitators (ELFs):
- Bryan Turney (lead facilitator): Social Work major, junior / Alpha Phi Omega, Jane Stephens Honors Program, Research,
EL, Camp Redhawk
- Alex Bansbach: Psychology major, sophomore / Honors Council, Psychology Club, Psi Chi, Resident
Assistant, Career Ambassador, Aerial Swing Dance, Research, EL, Camp Redhawk
- Haley Edington: Art Education major, sophomore / National Art Educators Association, Art Guild,
Resident Hall Association, SE Creative Advertising Club, Orientation Leader, Kappa
Beta Gamma, FYLP, EL, Camp Redhawk
- Kayla Parham: Sport Management major, sophomore / Involvement Ambassador, Manager of the women’s
basketball team, God’s Ensemble (founder & president), FYLP, EL, Camp Redhawk
- Neha Tahir: Accounting major, junior / Beta Alpha Psi, FYLP, EL, PLA, Phi Eta Sigma, Collegiate DECA, Jane Stephens Honors Program
- Katie Skinker: Environmental Science major, junior / Honors College, Environmental Science Association,
Dance Conservatory, Student Ambassador, FYLP, EL, Camp Redhawk
2018-2019 Emerging Leaders Facilitators (ELFs) were selected in April 2018.
Online applications for 2019-2020 ELFs will be available in April 2019.