See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Emerging Leaders (EL) is a Spring-semester student leadership program designed to further the development of the University’s future leaders by refining their leadership abilities and instilling in them a commitment to the campus and community.
The program is open to first-year and second-year undergraduate students interested in developing their interpersonal skills through fun and engaging activities with reflection on such topics as communication, diversity, conflict management, and professionalism. Sessions are led by upper-class student facilitators (listed below). Participants are expected to attend weekly sessions throughout the Spring semester, attend a free off-campus weekend retreat, and participate in a service project during the annual SE Serves weekend.
To be eligible to participate in the EL program, a student must:
Participants must make the following commitment to the EL program:
Applications to participate in the 2021 Emerging Leaders program will be posted on
this webpage in Fall Semester 2020, from October 1 - November 11.
For more information, visit Campus Life & Event Services in UC 414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Neha Tahir (lead) – 2019 ELF, 2018 EL Participant, 2017 FYLP Participant
· Olivia Jacobs – 2019 EL Participant, 2018 FYLP Participant, 2018 CampRedhawk
· Allison Otto – 2019 EL Participant, 2017 CampRedhawk
· Tushar Saini – 2018 FYLP Facilitator, 2018 EL Participant, 2017 FYLP Participant
· Megan Thompson – 2018 FYLP Facilitator, 2018 EL Participant
· Emily Tudor – 2018 FYLP Facilitator, 2018 EL Participant