Emerging Leaders (EL) is a spring semester student leadership program designed to further the development of the University’s future leaders by refining their leadership abilities and instilling in them a commitment to the campus and community.
The program is open to first-year and second-year undergraduate students interested in developing their interpersonal skills through fun and creative activities with reflection on topics related to: communication, diversity, decision making, and professionalism. Sessions are led by upper-class student facilitators (listed below). Participants are expected to attend weekly sessions throughout the spring semester, attend a free weekend retreat, and work together on a service project.
To be eligible to participate in the EL program, a student must:
Participants must make the following commitment to the EL program:
Apply to participate in the 2020 Emerging Leaders program: https://selink.semo.edu/submitter/form/start/350803
Deadline to submit application is 5:00pm, Friday, November 8, 2019.
For more information, visit Campus Life & Event Services in UC 414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Neha Tahir (lead) – 2019 ELF, 2018 EL Participant, 2017 FYLP Participant
· Olivia Jacobs – 2019 EL Participant, 2018 FYLP Participant, 2018 CampRedhawk
· Allison Otto – 2019 EL Participant, 2017 CampRedhawk
· Tushar Saini – 2018 FYLP Facilitator, 2018 EL Participant
· Megan Thompson – 2018 FYLP Facilitator, 2018 EL Participant
· Emily Tudor – 2018 FYLP Facilitator, 2018 EL Participant