The First-year Leadership Program - FYLP (pronounced flip) is a series of active sessions offered each Fall semester for students to explore
their personal leadership strengths while connecting with other Redhawks through fun
activities led by student facilitators (listed below).
FYLP participants attend (6) two-hour weekly sessions with topics related to self-leadership.
For Fall 2021, we are offering two FYLP Cohorts -- choose either Mondays or Thursdays -- from 4:30pm - 6:30pm, beginning on Thursday, September 9, 2021 / Monday, September 13, 2021. FYLP participants who attend all (6) weekly sessions will graduate from the program
on Monday, October 25, 2021 / Thursday, October 28, 2021.
As a FYLP participant, you will:
- connect with the facilitators, who are student leaders in Student Government, Greek
Life, and other student organizations and on-campus jobs.
- get to know other new SEMO students that you might not otherwise meet.
- gain insight into your personality type, leadership style, and character strengths
through self-assessments and session activities.
- receive a Certificate of Graduation from a university leadership program by the end
of October during your first year at SEMO! This is an excellent addition to your resume.
Being a FYLP Graduate can also open doors to other opportunities at the University.
FYLP is open to all new SEMO students who are in good judicial standing with the University.
Fall 2021 Registration is now closed, and the program has already started, so no new
participants may be added.
2021 FYLP Facilitators:
- Asia Marion (lead) – EL Graduate 2021; FYLP Graduate 2020
- Madison Bates – EL Graduate 2021; FYLP Graduate 2020; CampRedhawk participant 2020
- Kaiola Sooman-Stanton – EL Graduate 2021; FYLP Graduate 2020; CampRedhawk participant 2020
- Aldo Vandeling – EL Graduate 2021; FYLP Graduate 2019
- Matt Wilde – FYLP Graduate 2020; CampRedhawk participant 2020
- Kristen Judge(lead) – FYLP Facilitator 2020; EL Graduate 2020, FYLP Graduate 2019, CampRedhawk participant 2019
- Zane Lintner – EL Graduate 2021; FYLP Graduate 2020
- Vincent Stanfill – EL Graduate 2020; FYLP Graduate 2019; CampRedhawk participant 2019
- Brandon Vogt – EL Graduate 2021; FYLP Graduate 2020
- Rebecca Witty – EL Graduate 2021; FYLP Graduate 2020