We are in need of Southeast faculty, staff, and graduate assistants who are willing
to welcome new students to campus during Opening Week 2017 and stay in touch with
them during the Fall 2017 semester.
If you sign up, please be sure to mark these dates and times on your calendar. New
Student Programs will follow-up with an e-mail containing additional information.
The time commitment is relatively short and consists of the following:
- 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm: Tuesday, August 15th, Southeast 101 Leader Training
- Faculty/Staff Southeast 101 Leader Training (Academic Auditorium)
- During this training you will meet with your partnering Opening Week Leader (OWL),
learn about your assignments and responsibilities for the day, and learn about this
year's Southeast 101 activities.
- 11:00 am-3:00 pm: Friday, August 18th, Academic Engagement Day
- 11:00 am – 1:30 pm: Convocation/Lunch
- First-year students separated by college
- 1:30 – 3:00 pm: Southeast 101 sessions with Student Opening Week Leader and first-year students
- These sessions will be held in different rooms/spaces around campus, and students
are still divided based upon college.
- You will facilitate the sessions discussed during training.
- Please note, Convocation and SE 101 will no longer overlap with FirstSTEP Orientation.
- Communicate by e-mail with your Southeast 101 group throughout the fall semester to
check in on their transition experience and to serve as a general resource. New Student
Programs will provide you with information to communicate with your group of students.
Lunch will be provided on Friday during Convocation, and you will receive an Opening
Week shirt to wear during the activities on Friday, August 18 and a bag to carry supplies.
If you have any questions about serving as a Southeast 101 Leader or would like to
suggest another staff member or graduate assistant, please contact our office at 573-651-5166
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.