COVID-19 Information

See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic at

Admissions Information

Incoming Student Veterans Checklist

For Transfer Students

  • Request official transcripts be sent to Southeast from all colleges or universities you have attended.
    • Credit from other institutions is accepted providing it applies toward a transfer degree in the institution where it was earned. Transfer of credit is at the discretion of the Registrar at Southeast Missouri State University.
    • For information related to how a course from another institution will transfer to Southeast visit the Transfer Course Conversion page.
  • The Office of Military and Veterans Services highly recommends submitting military transcripts to Southeast for evaluation. In most cases, course credit is generally given for military technical training when the credit recommendations are similar to courses offered at Southeast. 


  • Have records sent to:

Southeast Missouri State University
Office of Admissions
MS 3550
One University Plaza
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701-4799

  • For more information visit the Admissions for Transfer Students page.
  • If you have questions regarding admission, please contact Brooke Lockhart, Assistant Director of Admissions for Transfer Recruitment, at (573) 651-2957.

To be certified to receive VA benefits, the VA requires that you enroll in classes required for the degree you are seeking.

  • Beginning Freshman
    • Attend First STEP Orientation to register for classes.
  • Transfer Student
    • Less than 24 transferable hours: Attend First STEP Orientation
    • 24 or more transferable hours: Attend Transfer Orientation or contact your academic advisor to schedule an advising appointment. Upon admission to the university, the Office of the Registrar will send you a letter indicating the name of your advisor.
  • Returning Student
    • Contact your academic advisor to schedule an advising appointment. Upon admission to the university, the Office of Admissions will send you a letter including advising contact information. 
  • Online Student
    • Follow the directions listed above based on your student type (freshman, returning, transfer).
    • You may also contact an academic advisor in the Southeast Online office at (573) 651-2766 or email
  • Regional Campus Student
    • Contact a Regional Campus advisor to schedule an advising appointment.
      • Kennett (573) 888-0513
      • Sikeston (573) 472-3210
  • Graduate Student
  • Registration Information for any student:
    • Students who attend First Step Orientation or Transfer Orientation enroll in classes as part of the orientation program.
    • Students who schedule an appointment with an academic advisor will be given an “alternate PIN” to access the online registration system using the student portal, My Southeast.
  • Apply online for GI Bill® VA Educational Benefits.
  • Before applying for benefits please ensure you have all the required paperwork necessary to submit an application for VA Educational Benefits.
    • Once you have been approved, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA. A copy of your COE should be submitted to the School Certifying Official in the Office of Military and Veterans Services, University Center, Room 302 (Mail Stop 1150), or at
    • Each term you enroll in courses and wish to use your VA Education or GI Bill® benefits, you must complete the Southeast Electronic VA Certification process through your Southeast Portal.
  • For more information about VA Educational Benefits please contact the Veterans' Desk at (573) 651-2263 or via e-mail at
  • The Southeast Missouri State University Veterans' Desk highly recommends that all student veterans apply for financial aid. Due to your recent military status (separated or deployed), you may be able to receive Federal Grants to assist you financially while pursuing a higher education. The Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA) application can be completed online at:
  • For more information please contact Student Financial Services at (573) 651-2253 or visit the Student Financial Services website.
  • Disability Services is located in Dearmont Hall, Wing B1.
  • Millicent Odhiambo, Coordinator of Disability Services, can assist student veterans who received a disability rating from the military and/or the Veterans Administration (VA) to address barriers to learning which may be experienced as a result of a disability.
  • For more information contact Disability Services at (573) 651-5927, via e-mail at, or visit Dearmont Hall, Wing B1.

If there are any additional questions throughout the process, please contact the Office of Military and Veteran Services at (573) 651-2263 or The Office of Military and Veterans Services is located in the University Center, Room 302


University Center 302
Military and Veterans Services
One University Plaza, MS 1150
Cape Girardeau, Missouri 63701