To be certified to receive VA benefits, the VA requires that you enroll in classes
required for the degree you are seeking.
- Beginning Freshman
- Attend First STEP Orientation to register for classes.
- Transfer Student
- Less than 24 transferable hours: Attend First STEP Orientation
- 24 or more transferable hours: Attend Transfer Orientation or contact your academic advisor to schedule an advising appointment. Upon admission to the university, the Office
of the Registrar will send you a letter indicating the name of your advisor.
- Returning Student
- Contact your academic advisor to schedule an advising appointment. Upon admission
to the university, the Office of Admissions will send you a letter including advising
- Online Student
- Follow the directions listed above based on your student type (freshman, returning,
- You may also contact an academic advisor in the Southeast Online office at (573) 651-2766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Regional Campus Student
- Contact a Regional Campus advisor to schedule an advising appointment.
- Kennett (573) 888-0513
- Sikeston (573) 472-3210
- Graduate Student
- Registration Information for any student:
- Students who attend First Step Orientation or Transfer Orientation enroll in classes
as part of the orientation program.
- Students who schedule an appointment with an academic advisor will be given an “alternate
PIN” to access the online registration system using the student portal, My Southeast.