Wintersession Textbook Pickup
- Wintersession books (availability may be limited) can be picked up prior to Thanksgiving
break beginning November 16 or shipped to the student's home. Standard shipping charges
- You can pick up Winter session textbooks inside Textbook Rental.
- Textbook Rental will limit the number of visitors at one time, as needed, to maintain
safe social distancing.
- All visitors are asked to use the provided hand sanitizer prior to entering the book
stacks when retrieving their book.
- You must have your Southeast ID and be enrolled in the Wintersession course.
- Wintersession books are to be returned by Monday, January 25, 2021.
- The Textbook Rental’s main entrance door book return chute will be available beginning
January 19, 2021 through January 25, 2021 for those who want to return their books
- Students who are shipping their books should get a tracking number for shipping verification.
- Please Note: Textbook Rental does not provide a prepaid return shipping label for
Wintersession textbook returns.
- ALL Winter session orders must be placed by Tuesday, December 22, 2020 by noon to
ensure delivery before we close for Winter Break. Textbook Rental will reopen on January
COVID-19 Special Pick Up Options for Spring 2021
Early Bird Pick Up Option--updated 11/17/20
- This option is only available at the Main Campus location.
- All Early Bird Pick Up requests must be placed by January 4, 2021 using our online
- We will contact you when they are ready for pick-up (some books may not be available).
Early Bird Pick Up will begin January 8, 2021.
- Curbside delivery is available upon request, please select that option on the order
- Only students who placed an Early Bird Pick Up order will be allowed to pick up books
early. Students can begin picking up their Early Bird Pick Up once they are informed
that they are ready for pickup.
- Please have your Southeast ID ready for verification.
- Students can pick up their books in person, beginning January 19, 2021 inside the
Textbook Rental department during our regular business hours, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
- We ask all our visitors to use the provided hand sanitizer prior to entering the book
stacks when retrieving their books.
- To limit the time waiting, please have your SEMO ID# available when checking out your
- Students can pick up their textbooks, beginning January 19, 2021 via our curbside
program, which will be available only by request during our regular business hours:
- Students needing curbside must fill out an order form and select the curbside option,
please allow 48 hours for us to process your request. We will notify you when your
order is ready for pick up.
- Please call 573-651-2236 when you arrive, and an associate will assist you.
Textbooks Shipped to Students Residence
- Shipping will begin January 6, 2021.
- Standard shipping charges will apply.
- Rental fees and shipping charges will be charged to the student’s account.
- Order your textbooks as early as you can to avoid any delays that could occur due
to inclement weather, or a higher than normal textbook online order volume.
- Please make sure your order form has your SEMO ID#, and SEMO email address to help
expedite your order.
COVID-19 Special Return Options for Fall 2020
Students wishing to return their fall 2020 textbook have a variety of options to return
their rental textbooks.
- Students can return their books in person inside the Textbook Rental department during
our regular business hours, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
- To limit the time waiting and to ensure you are not missing any books to be returned,
please have your SEMO ID# available when returning your books.
- Students can return their textbooks via our curbside program, which will be available
only by request during our regular business hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
- Please call 573-651-2236 when you arrive, and an associate will assist you.
- To obtain a receipt or to verify all your books were returned please go to your Portal
and check at Textbook Rental Detail.
- Students will have access to two after-hours drop off locations to return their books.
More locations may be added.
- Textbook Rental’s main entrance door book return chute located.
- The Big Red Box located on the first floor of the University Center, outside the Southeast
- Both after-hours drop off locations are available November 16, 2020 and will close
at 8am, December 22, 2020.
- Textbook Rental books returned at after-hours drop off locations, December 15-21,
will have a late charge of $25 per book charged to their student account.
- Students can ship books back to the University at no cost to them, by using the pre-paid
shipping program offered through The Textbook Rental Department. The PrePaid Return Shipping offer has expired. Books are now past due and have been
charged to your account.
- Determine how many books you plan to ship and find a box large enough to ship your
books. Review the “Tips for Packing and shipping your textbooks” for help in how to
ship your books. Be sure to remove any labels, and any other previous shipment markings
on the box.
- For estimating the shipping weight, you can use 3 lbs. per book as the estimated weight.
Note: The estimated weight does not need to be accurate for you to be able to ship
your books back.
- The pre-paid shipping form has expired.
- Print off the shipping label that is emailed to you after you complete the form and
attach this to your box. TIP: Attach the shipping label to the outside of the box
near the opening on top.
- Choose one of the various shipping locations and drop off the package with the shipping
label attached. FedEx affiliates include your nearest FedEx Store, FedEx Drop Boxes,
or a FedEx Authorized Shipping location near you.
- Enter your Zip Code to find the closest FedEx package drop off Location.
- If you have any questions or concerns with the shipping process, please contact our
office and we will be happy to help. Our contact information is: 573-651-2236 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Textbook Rental is NOT RESPONSIBLE for lost, stolen or misdirected textbook returns.
- We are offering Free Ground Shipping in the Continental US only.
Tips for packing and shipping your textbooks
- Use a rigid box with flaps intact.
- Remove any labels, and any other previous shipment markings on the box that are not
- Use adequate cushioning material to keep your books from moving around too much inside
the box, crumbled up newspaper works well for this.
- Use strong tape designed for shipping.
- Place pre-paid shipping label on the outside of the box using the instructions from
- Keep a copy of the tracking number for reference
- If using a bubble envelope or poly mailer, we suggest that you tape the closure to
make sure it does not inadvertently open in transit. We DO NOT SUGGEST USING PADDED/CUSHION
MAILERS—Books are too heavy for them to arrive here successfully.
How do I know if they were all returned?
Go to the Southeast Missouri State University homepage, click My Southeast click Student
SS tab, scroll to Services section, click Textbook Rental Detail, and click Textbook
Rental Detail again.
If you find that any or all of your books are not showing returned, they may have
not arrived at the time you checked, please give it at least 7 days after shipping
for us to have time to process the shipment. If after a week has passed and it is
showing any or all of your books have not been checked in/returned or charged to your
account, please contact us ASAP, so we can find out what may be causing the delay
or the charges. We will need your shipping tracking number to make any progress with
your shipment/textbook return claim.
What should I do if I cannot find my book, it is damaged or I want to keep it?
We suggest that you purchase the book before the due date and your original rental
fee will be applied to the purchase price of the book. Go to the Southeast Missouri
State University homepage, click My Southeast click Student SS tab, click Banner Self
Service, click Student, click Textbook Rental Detail, and click Textbook Rental Detail
again. Notice: all sales are final!
What condition is considered "satisfactory"?
In order for the book to be considered in “satisfactory” condition, which is a determining
factor of whether we will accept it back, we ask of you to please take care of our
- Tear out pages
- Damage the cover or spine
- Stain the book
- Spill water all over it or allow it to get wet (we cannot accept moldy books)
- Write or highlight excessively
- Remove/alter the Textbook Rental label on the front cover of the book
Books not returned or returned late or damaged
- All University Textbook Rental books must be returned or postmarked (the date books
are shipped) NO LATER than 4pm the Monday after finals to avoid any additional charges.
- Books returned or received the Tuesday through Friday after the due date will be billed
a $25 late charge per book and the replacement cost of the book will be removed and
the original rental fee will remain.
- Rental Textbooks not returned at all or returned anytime thereafter the due date or
late charge timeframe will not be accepted and the full replacement cost of the textbook
and the original rental fee will not be credited and will be charged to the student’s
- Textbooks returned in unsatisfactory condition will not be accepted and the student
will be charged the replacement costs of the book.