See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic at semo.edu/covid19.
The Many Ways we Help Students Return Their Books on Time
We provide the services needed to allow students to return textbooks 24/7 during finals
week. Please read on for times and locations.
- We send two emails to all students reminding them of the due date, the available book
return locations and office hours and the hours of the afterhours Door Drop Chute.
We also mail a memo to students who are no longer enrolled to remind them to return
their rental textbooks.
- We include a handy bookmark in each book when it is checked out in person, or sent
in the mail. Our bookmark includes our Rental Policy, shipping address, our website
and contact information.
- Our return policy is stated on the back of the receipt and the due date can be found
on the front of the receipt.
- Return dates are listed on the University and Academic calendar.
- We chalk the sidewalks around campus with reminders. (weather permitting)
- We have a Door Drop Chute available for after hours and on the weekend prior to Monday’s
- Can be mailed with a postmark of the date due—with no cause to send it next day- as
long as it is postmarked on or before the due date, it will not be considered late.
Please obtain a tracking number for your protection.
- You can return books at the front lobby at Towers and at the Art Resouce Center (Seminary
Bldg) during fall/spring semesters finals week. Students may also return their Rental Textbooks at any of our Regional Campus locations.
- Return your Rental textbooks at Textbook Rental main campus location during fall/spring
finals week. Please see home page for summer special hours.
- Anyone can return them, we suggest that they have your Student Identification number
(S0#) so we can see if anything is still checked out, but an ID is not necessary to
- Each book has the return date on the book label on the front of each book.
- Return information can be found on our website www.semo.edu/textbookrental
- You can call us and we will be happy to answer any questions at 573-651-2236