See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic at semo.edu/covid19.
Testing Services and Accessibility Services have established guidelines for Special
Testing Accommodations available to students with disabilities to meet obligations
under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation
Act of 1973.
- Students requesting special testing accommodations need to apply with Disability Services each semester. They are located in Crisp Hall Rooms 201-202. Special testing accommodations
available include extended time, a solitary environment, use of computer/word processor,
scribe and/or a reader.
- Instructors will be notified of students requiring test accommodations due to a disability
through a memo from Accessibility Services. Testing Services will have a copy of each
student's faculty notification memo on file in order to identify/verify what appropriate
accommodations are necessary.
- Faculty and students should discuss how testing accommodations will be provided with
the student. If planning to use the resources of Testing Services, the student will
to schedule an appointment.
- One-Week notice is preferred to guarantee accommodations for an exam. This allows
us to make sure we have your test or passwords before you arrive.
- Students must take their exam at the same time as the rest of their class with the
exception of evening classes.
- Student accommodations will be met to the greatest extent possible. Students are assured
"sufficient" not "preferred" accommodations under Section 504 and the ADA Preferences
are not guaranteed nor required.
Questions about these guidelines for testing of students with disabilities should
be directed to Accessibility Services at (573) 651-5927 or Testing Services (573) 651-2836.