See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
- Digital Art
- Graphic Design
The Department of Art offers the professional art degree, Bachelor of Fine Arts, with
the following areas of studio art specialization: ceramics, digital arts, graphic
design/illustration, painting, printmaking, and sculpture. BFA students must pass
the Foundation Review, complete the common core classes, select one studio art specialization,
and participate in the BFA exhibition.
What You'll Do
- Receive instruction from faculty who stay current and have the highest degree available
in their field.
- Produce works of art in studios equipped with modern technology.
- Have access to River Campus exhibition venues, including the River Campus Art Gallery,
and the Crisp Museum where the juried Student Art Exhibition is held.
- Have opportunities to work and travel with faculty to conferences, study abroad, and
exhibit their artwork. They also participate in First Friday events and can join the
What You'll Study
- AR106 Three-D Foundations
- AR332 Scultpure
- AR342 Ceramics
- AH110 Art History Survey I
View College Page
Request InfoApply NowView Degree Map
Previous Degree Maps
Internships & Career Opportunities
- Bold Marketing
- Bruton Stroube
- Red Letter
- Rust Media
- Abby, Ink
- Wright Group, USA
- Southeast Missourian
Graduate School Opportunities
- Cranbrook Academy of Art
- Ohio University
- University of Kansas
- Washington University
- St Louis University
- Southern Illinois University
Costs at Southeast