Engineering technology emphasizes the application of scientific and engineering techniques
to a variety of real-world problems. Application is the key word in this definition,
in that engineering technology emphasizes practical applications as well as theory.
Engineering technologists work in the job spectrum between the engineer and the skilled
technician, with responsibilities closest to those of the engineer.
What You'll Do
- Learn to design products, systems, components, or processes with good structure, function,
quality and manufacturing ability.
- Learn to work with engineers in the design phase of product and process development.
- Use real-world laboratory equipment and industrial projects.
- Utilize course work with a balance of theoretical and practical applications in quality
control, machine design, manufacturing processes, fluid power, robotics, automation,
computer integrated manufacturing and safety.
What You'll Study
- ET160 Basic Electricity and Electronics
- IM102 Technical Communications
- MN350 Machine Design
- MN402 Plastics & Processes
View College Page