Physics is perhaps the most fundamental of the sciences. It involves the study of
the nature of basic things such as motion, forces, energy, matter, heat, sound, light,
and the atom. Engineering is the profession in which basic knowledge from mathematical
and natural sciences is applied to develop new ways to utilize the materials and forces
of nature for the benefit of society.
What You'll Do
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the fundamental principles of science and mathematics
underlying engineering and be able to apply them to meet the needs of society.
- Have the ability to design a system, component or process to meet needs within realistic
constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and
safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for physics and engineering
- Have the broad education to understand the impact of physics and engineering solutions
in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Be prepared to pass the FE Exam.
What You'll Study
- EP263 Mechanics of Materials
- EP361 Thermal Analysis
- EP363 Thermal Fluid Engineering
- EP374 Control Systems
View College Page