The College of Education creates a supportive climate to help all education majors
meet the rigor of teacher education. Elementary Education students have the opportunity
to participate in Tomorrow’s Teachers Learning Community which links cohort learning
and living opportunities. Students also receive support in preparation for the Missouri
General Education Assessment required for admission. We also provide our future educators
the tools to learn to use and integrate instructional technology across our curriculum.
Join our EDvolution of future educators!
What You'll Do
- Be certified to teach elementary students in grades 1 – 6.
- Be certified to teach middle school social studies (grades 5 – 9).
- Participate in multiple field experiences in local classrooms.
- Integrate technology into the curriculum with our EDvolution one-to-one instructional
- Have the opportunity for student teaching abroad, including our partnership with Eagles
College in Iquique, Chile.
- Have opportunities for leadership in our numerous student organizations.
- Have full-time faculty with experience in the classroom as their primary instructors.
- Enjoy the benefit of national accreditation of our programs.
What You'll Study
- EC 101 Economic Problems & Policies
- PS 103 U.S. Political Systems
- EH 101 European History I
- EL 274 Diversity in America’s Schools
View College Page