See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Cybersecurity is a national security issue and an economic concern for the U.S. Southeast
is the only university in Missouri and one of fewer than 50 in the country to offer
a cybersecurity bachelor’s degree. This new, dynamic major prepares students to be
leaders in the protection of information systems.
What You'll Do
- Protect an organization's vital information and assets.
- Implement cybersecurity best practices and risk management.
- Understand and develop software to minimize vulnerabilities.
- Integrate stable network monitoring and present real-time security solutions.
- Analyze persistent threats and arrange counter measures.
- Conduct risk and liability assessments of information systems.
- Examine cybercrimes and support recovery of operations.
- Create, revise and communicate organizational cybersecurity strategies.
What You'll Study
- CS155 Computer Science l
- IS245 Web Development & Security
- TN254 Network Communications
- TN255 Microcomputer Maintenance
View College Page
Request InfoApply NowView Degree Map
Previous Degree Maps
Internships & Career Opportunities
- Security Architect
- Malware Analyst
- Security Auditor
- Network Security
- Software Security
- Web Security
Graduate School Opportunities
- Emerson Electric
- Enterprise Holding
- Accretive Health
- Big-River Communications
- Sword and Shield
Costs at Southeast