See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
The B.S. Ed. in Chemistry Education prepares highly qualified teachers of chemistry.
Students are certified to teach high school chemistry once all degree requirements
and assessments are passed. Students have an exceptional program of professional preparation
including field experiences, theory and pedagogy courses.
What You'll Do
- Develop a strong knowledge of chemistry
- Learn up-to-date techniques for teaching in the sciences
- Have substantial and increasingly challenging teaching experiences in schools before
- Know how to differentiate instruction to help all students succeed
- Be prepared to integrate technology in teaching
What You'll Study
College of Education, Health, and Human StudiesCollege of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- ED280 Introduction to Teaching
- PY222 Development of the Adolescent
- CH 185 General Chemistry
- PH 120 Introductory Physics I