See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
The Bachelor of Arts in Art offers students the opportunity for investigative study
in art and the liberal arts. The degree consists of a minimum of 36 credit hours in
art and art history. Students are required to take the Foundation Review and also
declare a minor. Students who wish to keep art as a focus may choose minors such as
fine arts entrepreneurship, marketing, fashion merchandising or psychology. Minors
can direct students into graduate studies or develop business interests and opportunities.
What You'll Do
- Successfully complete the Foundation Review.
- Learn the history of the discipline of art.
- Expand their knowledge and marketability through the addition of a minor.
- Be qualified to apply for graduate study in a variety of disciplines.
What You'll Study
- AR100 Drawing I
- AR104 Design Foundations
- AR106 3D Foundations
- AR201 Color Composition
View College Page
Request InfoApply NowView Degree Map
Previous Degree Maps
Internships & Career Opportunities
- Marketing Assistant
- Graphics Manager
- Crisp Museum
- Annie Laurie’s
- Programmer –KRCU
- Horizon Screenprinting
- Vitronic Promotional Group
- Freelance Artist
- Rust Media
- Concord Printing
- Family Support Division
Graduate School Opportunities
- Fort Hays State University
- Kansas State University
Costs at Southeast