See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
The Master of Arts Degree in History will enhance your knowledge of history and hone
research, organizational, and written and oral communication skills developed during
undergraduate study. It will prepare you for further academic study and develop professional
competencies through extensive reading, focused examination of select historical topics,
and rigorous research and writing projects.
What You'll Do
- Develop an advanced knowledge of issues, themes, theories, and methods of history
- Develop advanced skills for communicating historical knowledge
- Develop advanced critical thinking, reasoning, and analysis skills through historical
investigation and analysis.
What You'll Study
- EH516 History of Modern Germany
- EH550 Castles in Context
- US531 American Military History
- WH550 The Atlantic World
View College Page
Request InfoApply NowView Degree Map
Previous Degree Maps
Internships & Career Opportunities
- Graduates of the M.A. program in history may pursue doctoral degrees or teaching appointments
at community colleges or universities. They may also pursue the M.A. degree in order
to enhance qualifications for present employment.
Costs at Southeast