Service members have help us in many ways, now let us help you!
Southeast Missouri State University takes great strides in assuring military members and their families can find a home here at Southeast. No matter how long it has been since you were last in school, it’s never too late to get a college education and SEMO is the place to do it. Explore our tuition/scholarship options for military families and find a program that fits your interests. Our military support services are here to help you reach your potential.
Current and former service members as well as their spouses and dependents qualify for in-state tuition to Southeast no matter where they currently live. Explore our courses and other scholarship opportunities to see if Southeast is the right fit for you!
Resources for our Veterans
Needing course assistance but worried about how you will pay for it? Southeast offers free tutoring services to all students. Each student also has an entire support team they can access and lean on in SupportNET. If you would rather explore tutoring options outside the University, the VA offers various support opportunities for veterans to access off-campus tutoring services.
Career SupportStruggling to decide on your career path or trying to just figure out the right words to put in a cover letter? The career support services at SEMO are the one-stop-shop for Southeast students in search for career advice. Our Career Services team can help you get that edge over your competition to reach the job you’ve always wanted.
Health and Wellness
There’s nothing more important than looking after your own personal health. Southeast highly values the health of all SEMO students which is why we offer many different types of wellness services to our students. Contact our Center for Behavioral Health and Accessibility for counselling and disability assistance.
Not everyone starts college right after high school, and it’s never too late to get started. Southeast offers many different services to support our adult learners obtain their degree in a way that works best for them.
- Apply for Admission to the University
- Apply for Military Residency
- Register for Classes
- GI Bill®
- GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
- The free application for FAFSA can be completed online
- Other Veterans’ Financial Options
- Speak with Accessibility Services if needed
- Accessibility Services is located in Crisp Hall, 201-202
- Student veterans who received a disability rating from the military and/or the Veterans Administration (VA) to address barriers to learning which may be experienced as a result of a disability.
- For more information, contact Accessibility Services at (573) 651-5927, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply for Scholarships
Student Veterans Organization
Looking for that support system that you had while serving in the Armed Forces? Miss that feeling that someone always had your back? Then the Student Veterans Organization (SVO) may be just the thing you’re looking for! The SVO is an organization whose goal is to ultimately bring Veterans and Service Members together and provide a support system, while still giving back to the community and having fun. The organization is composed of Veterans, current Service Members, spouses, dependents, and civilian supporters that recognize and acknowledge the need for a communal support group for this unique population.
Our students who serve
Prior Learning Assessment
The PLA is a way that Southeast gives academic credit to students with prior professional experience. Ways to earn credit include portfolios, certifications, and prior experience such as military. See if you can earn credits for the experience you already have.