See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic at semo.edu/covid19.
Application for Financial Support to Present Student Research at an Off-Campus Conference
If you are a currently enrolled graduate or undergraduate student at Southeast and
- Presented research at any SRC conference,
- Received acceptance to present your research at an off-campus conference (not at University
where student attends),
- and the work to be presented off-campus is a research project that is wholly or substantially
then you may apply for up to $150 in travel support to present your research. See
Mrs. Delgado in Scully 427-D. Travel funding available to students only.
Application: Please submit the three following items to Mrs. Laura Delgado, Scully
427-D, MS5700. Submission must be made at least one week BEFORE you attend the conference.
- Proof of acceptance of your work at another conference that is regional or national
in scope. This can be a letter of acceptance, a program, or a conference website address
where your project is listed.
- A letter (one page maximum length) that explains the following:
- Your name, major, email, phone number, social security number, and mailing address.
- Your faculty sponsor's name, email and phone number.
- Date, title and authors of research you presented at SRC.
- Date, title, and location of conference at which you are presenting your work.
- Title, description (talk, poster) and authors of the work you are presenting at the
- How the research you are presenting is related to the research you presented at SRC
(not required for acceptance). In the case where several students are traveling to
the same meeting, efforts should be made to minimize costs by shared travel and room
expenses. Turn in your applications together.
- Receipts for expenditures such as airfare, conference registration, hotel, mileage,
meals accounting for at least $150.00 of expenses.
The group responsible for evaluating applications consists of SRC Committee members,
but questions may be directed to Mrs. Laura Delgado. We will try to let you know if your travel money has been approved before you go,
but the paperwork will not be processed until you have provided receipts. If you have
paid for hotel and registration, up to $150, before you go, this paperwork can be
processed before you return from the conference. $150 is available ONCE per student.