See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic at semo.edu/covid19.
- Each submission must be signed by a faculty sponsor on the Signature Form page. Faculty
sponsors must be faculty or instructors at Southeast Missouri State University.
- Faculty sponsors must check off the statements on the Signature Form page.
- Each submission must be signed by the contact student on the Signature Form page.
- The contact student must check off the statements on the Signature Form page.
- The work submitted should use some form of research methodology involving an analysis
of data, a synthesis of information, and/or original thinking about an idea or problem.
The work should be a valid research endeavor appropriate to the discipline in which
it was conducted.
- The abstract should clearly state the research question or goals of the research,
background information, and the implications of the findings. Empirical abstracts
should include information on the methods used, participants involved, and analysis
of the data.
- Submitted work must represent whole or substantial contribution by the student(s),
and be written primarily by the student(s).
- The student(s) must be listed as the primary author(s) of the submitted work.
- Research must have been conducted at Southeast Missouri State University. Work may
be completed as part of a course requirement, as independent research, or in collaboration
with a faculty member.
- All presenters must be full-time or part-time students at Southeast Missouri State
University, Mineral Area Community College, or Three Rivers Community College.
- The abstract should include a maximum of 120 words, and be well-written.
- Paper presentations will last a minimum of 11-13 minutes. Work that takes less time
to present is not appropriate for a paper presentation and should be submitted as
- Online Submission must be received by 11:59 pm, April 1, 2018.
- Signature Form is due to Dr. Brandhorst in Scully 427B by 3:30 pm, April 9, 2018.