COVID-19 Information

See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic at

Course Registration


Students enrolled in 12 hours of credit per semester are designated as full time students. Students enrolled in 11 hours or less per semester are designated as part time students. Only officially enrolled students may attend classes. Specific instructions for enrollment can be accessed on the Registrar’s website.

Maximum Enrollment

Normally, the maximum number of hours that a student may schedule in the fall or spring semester is 18. However, students with at least a 3.0 grade point average in the preceding semester, or at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA, may request permission from their advisor to carry a maximum of 21 hours. Such requests are considered on an individual basis. The maximum number of hours that a student may schedule during a summer semester is determined by the length of the session.

Late Registration

Students are expected to enroll prior to the start of classes. They may enroll during the first week of the fall or spring semester. Late enrollment dates for the summer semester can be accessed on the Registrar’s website. A fee may be charged for late enrollment.

Adding/Dropping a Course

Student may add or drop classes until the deadlines listed on the Semester Calendar which can be accessed on the Registrar’s website.

Withdrawing from a Term

  1. Prior to the start of classes: by using the web registration system to drop all classes or by notifying the Office of the Registrar in writing. Such notification must be RECEIVED by the first day of the semester.
    1. Students can withdraw from the University until the “Last Day to Drop a Class/Withdraw from the University,” listed on the Registrar’s website,, using the web registration system or by notifying the Office of the Registrar in writing.

**All financial obligations to the University must be fulfilled. Grades of ‘F’ are recorded for students who do not withdraw officially from the University.


Students who cancel enrollment before the semester begins are eligible for a refund of 100% of any incidental fees that they have paid. Students who withdraw from classes after the semester begins are eligible for a refund of incidental fees based on the sliding scale available through Student Financial Services.

Repeating a Course

Students who have received a grade below an ‘A’ in a course may repeat the course, provided they have not completed a course for which the repeated course is a prerequisite. When a course is repeated, the first grade remains on the permanent record, but only the last grade is used in computing the grade point average. Students must have the permission of the Registrar to repeat a course. Students who repeat coursework should consult with Student Financial Services to determine what, if any, financial impact the repeat will have on their financial aid eligibility.

Incomplete Grades

A grade of incomplete (‘I’) may be given when a student is doing passing work, but is unable to complete all of the requirements because of unusual circumstances acceptable to the instructor. In no case may an ‘I’ be agreed to prior to the last day to “drop” the class. An ‘I’ may not be used to permit a student to repeat a course or to improve a grade. Both the student and the instructor must complete the Application for Incomplete Grade form and file it with the departmental office. Normally, this is done prior to submission of final grades. Requirements for completing the course are specified by the instructor on the application. An incomplete must be removed during the next semester, exclusive of the summer semester, or a grade of ‘F’ will be recorded. Students should not reenroll in courses in which they have received an ‘I’ grade.


This option may be chosen by students who meet the following criteria: (1) 45 semester hours of credit completed; (2) a cumulative GPA of at least 2.25; (3) all the prerequisites for the course completed. A course taken on the pass/fail option will be counted only as a general elective. Courses needed to fulfill General Education, major, minor or other degree requirements cannot be taken on a pass/fail basis.

The pass/fail grade refers only to the final grade recorded on the student’s transcript. Performance is evaluated on the same standard as if the student were being graded on the A, B, C, D, F scale.

A grade of ‘P’ does not affect the GPA. However, a grade of ‘F’ is computed into the GPA. A course taken on the pass/fail option may be repeated only on the pass/fail option, and only if it was failed initially. Students are limited to 6 hours of pass/fail credit per academic period, and a total of 18 semester hours. A request for pass/fail credit must be approved by the student’s advisor and the Office of the Registrar, and must be on file in the Office of the Registrar prior to the date stated on the Registrar’s website, schedule of classes section.

Active Military Duty

The Office of Military & Veterans Services, along with the Office of the Registrar and Student Financial Services, counsels students one-on-one who are mobilized for active military duty. Depending on the length of your activation/deployment, you may be able to continue your enrollment, or you may need to withdraw from classes. Service Members need to provide a copy of their Active Duty military orders to the Office of Military and Veterans Services to verify your activation/deployment. For assistance, please call (573) 651-2263 or email