See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic at semo.edu/covid19.
Incoming student room selection for the Fall 2021/Spring 2022 semesters begin on May
10 and continues through June 4. New students who submit a housing contract and deposit
can select a room for themselves and their friends that they have included in their
roommate grouping. To participate in self-selection, the housing contract must be
received and deposit must be paid, and/or waived, by April 30, 2021 as room self-selection
is a date driven process. Students submitting housing contracts after April 30, 2021
will be assigned to a space by Residence Life staff. Students are divided into tiers
based on the contract completion date and suitemate groupings. The tiers are listed
New students accepted into Special-Interest Housing (formerly Learning Communities)
will be able to select their room in their specific community beginning on March
9, 2021 along with our current residential students. Specific instructions will be
provided via your Southeast email to approved Special-Interest Housing participants
as the process is different than the regular room selection listings below.
New Student Room Self-Selection Information
- Suitemate Groups - Students who have completed an entire suitemate/roommate grouping of 4 students can
select a suite May 10 - May 14. This selection period is reserved for new students
that have a 4-person grouping. Students with a 2-person roommate grouping will self-select
by Tier dates listed below.
- Tier I - Students not in a suitemate group who submitted both a housing contract and deposit
on or before December 31 can select a room May 17 - June 4
- Tier II - Students not in a suitemate group who submitted both a housing contract and deposit January
1 - February 28 can select a room May 24- June 4
- Tier III - Students not in a suitemate group who submitted both a housing contract and deposit
March 1 - April 30 can select a room May 31 – June 4.
- Students who submit a housing contract and deposit in May or thereafter, cannot select
their own room but can be pulled into a room by a roommate during the roommate's selection
time, provided the roommate/suitemate grouping has taken place. Residence Life will
assign students with contract dates later than April 30 beginning on June 7 throughout
the summer period where space permits.
- Students eligible for self-selection who do not choose a room during their allotted
timeframe, along with those who submit a housing contract and deposit on or after
May 1, will be assigned a room by Residence Life where space permits.
If you have questions regarding room selection please contact Residence Life at 573-651-2274.