Classes on all Southeast campuses beginning at noon or after Feb. 15 are canceled
and offices are closing at noon Feb. 15. Check https://semo.edu/closings.
Beginning Fall 2015, all students living in on-campus housing at a Missouri public
institution of higher education are required to be vaccinated against bacterial meningitis
or have an exemption for medical or religious reasons (see Missouri Statute 174.335.1).
- The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommends that students receive
the vaccine within 5 years of beginning college. A booster dose will be required for
students who received their initial vaccination at or before age 15. Students who
receive their first dose of quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine at or after
age 16 years do not need a booster dose. To reference this information, please view
the CDC website.
- Vaccination records need to be submitted to the Office of Residence Life prior to
moving into the residence halls. Records can be mailed to Office of Residence Life,
faxed to (573) 651-2557 or emailed to email@example.com.
- Medical or religious exemptions must be submitted using the following exemption form.
- Records of the vaccination or exemption must be on file by the first Friday of classes,
as required by Missouri State law. Failure to provide them by that date may result
in the cancellation of the student’s housing contract, with applicable charges, thereby
impacting the student’s ability to live on campus and remain in classes.
Tuberculosis (TB) Screening
Missouri Senate Bill 197 requires new students attending any college or university
in the State of Missouri be screened for Tuberculosis (TB).
- The screening must follow the Center for Disease Control protocols that screen individuals
based upon their time outside the United States, and their possible exposure to TB,
or those who are likely to have come in contact with someone who has TB.
- The legislation requires colleges and universities to place a hold on a student’s
registration if they do not complete the Tuberculosis screening within their first
semester at a Missouri college or University.
Students may access the following website https://www.semo.edu/healthclinic/services/mandatory_tb.html for more information and to conduct the online screening requirement.