I want to cancel for financial reasons. How do I do this?

Students requesting a release based on financial concerns will be referred to Student Financial Services to evaluate his/her eligibility for financial assistance.  The Office of Residence Life will work with Student Financial Services to analyze the student’s financial situation, and to determine if the student has enough existing personal, family, and financial aid resources to meet the financial obligations of the direct and indirect costs of attending Southeast.  If you do not have enough resource, the Office of Residence Life and Student Financial Services will work to review any supporting documentation to determine if there is additional eligibility for financial aid.  Please note that the University expects student to utilize all financial aid available to them – choosing not to receive an educational loan is not grounds for a financial cancellation of the Contract for University Housing.


Fax: 573-651-2557
Towers Complex 102
Office of Residence Life
One University Plaza, MS 0055
Cape Girardeau, Missouri 63701

Staff Directory