Office: Scully 409B
- Ph.D., Psychology, University of Tennessee
- B.S., Psychology, Arkansas State University
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst-Doctoral, Behavior Analyst Certification Board
- Licensed Behavior Analyst, State of Missouri, Division of Professional Registration
- Basic Principles in ABA
- Intensive Practicum in ABA I
- Billington, E. J., & Skinner, C. H. (2006). Reducing perceptions of time required
to complete math assignments by adding problems to assignments: A meta-analysis of
the additive interspersal procedure. Journal of Behavioral Education, 15, 183-190.
- Malone, J. C., Armento, M. E. A., Nemeth, R. M., Billington, E. J., Carpenter, C.
N., & Andrews, K. B. (2004). Adaptation level effects in discrimination of flicker
frequency. Behavioural Processes, 65, 95-109.
- Billington, E. J., Skinner, C. H., Hutchins, H., & Malone, J. C. (2004). Varying problem
effort and choice: Using the interspersal technique to influence choice towards more
effortful assignments. Journal of Behavioral Education, 13, 193-207.
- Billington, E. J., Skinner, C. H., & Cruchon, N. M. (2004). Improving sixth-grade
students perceptions of high-effort assignments by assigning more work: Interaction
of additive interspersal and assignment effort on assignment choice. Journal of School Psychology, 42, 477-490.
- Lawler, K. A., Younger, J., Piferi, R. L., Billington, E. J., Jobe, R. L., Edmonson,
K., Jones, W. H. (2003). A change of heart: Cardiovascular correlates of forgiveness
in response to interpersonal conflict. Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 26, 373-393.
- Billington, E. J. & Ditommaso, N. M. (2003). Demonstrations and applications of the
matching law in education. Journal of Behavioral Education, 12, 91-104.
- Billington, E. J. & Skinner, C. H. (2002). Getting students to choose to do more work:
Evidence of the effectiveness of the interspersal technique. Journal of Behavioral Education, 11, 105-116.
- Billington, E. J. (2016). Moving Through Crisis. What the Matching Law Can Teach Us
About a Meaningful Day and Crisis Behavior. Conference for the Tennessee National
Association of the Dually Diagnosed. Nashville, TN
- Billington, E.J. & Thompson, K. (2010). Applied Behavior Analysis and Learning to
Work With Insurance. Endicott College Institute for Behavioral Studies Insurance Seminar.
Danvers, MA (Invited Speaker).
- Billington, E.J. (2010). ABAI Practice Board: Autism Insurance Summit. Conference
for the Association of Behavior Analysis, San Antonio, TX. (Panel Discussant and Invited
- Billington, E.J., Salter, M.L., & Young, T. (2009). Navigating Managed Care: A Panel
Discussion with AmeriChoice. Tennessee Association for Behavior Analysis Conference,
- Billington, E.J. (2009). Meeting Pavlov’s Dog: Something You’ve Never Thought to Ask
Your Behavior Analyst. Tennessee Conference for the National Association of the Dually
Diagnosed, Nashville, TN.