See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic at semo.edu/covid19.
Annual Assessment Reports
Annual Assessment Reports are required for each undergraduate, graduate, and certificate
program on an annual basis. The Assessment Report provides important opportunities
for each program team to reflect on how well their teaching and assessment methods
help students achieve and demonstrate program learning outcomes. The reports prompt
action planning toward learning improvement. This is a vital component of our institutional
processes for continuous improvement.
Please email completed Annual Assessment Reports to email@example.com by August 15 of each year.
There are three options for preparing Learning Improvement Reports (please choose
- Narrative Option - This option involves constructing a short written report that address a series
of prompts (as shown on the report template). This option is best suited for those
who prefer narrative-style reporting, or for those who have already prepared their
report based on the guidance distributed in March 2017. (Note: This was the original
template provided for these reports.)
Narrative Option Template
- Table Option - This is a new option, which involves populating a table with both quantitative
and qualitative data. This option is best suited for those who prefer table-style
reporting, or for those who need to collaborate across multiple report authors.
Table Option Template
- Accredited Programs Option - This is a simplified option, which provides an opportunity for accredited programs
to submit an excerpt from a recent report (within the last year) to their accrediting
body that contains information on program level assessment. Please submit a scanned
or electronic version of this excerpt with clearly marked page numbers for this information.
Please only send relevant pages of the reports.
What happens next?
- The Academic Assessment Committee will review and record your submission.
- Program teams are expected to implement action plans as outlined in the Learning Improvement
- Program teams will refer to the previous year’s Assessment Report when drafting subsequent
reports, reflecting on learning improvement.
- Some programs may wish to display their Assessment Reports for other stakeholders
(i.e. accreditors, students, parents, community partners) to view.
Support is available!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to request support.