See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Present: Athinarayanan, Buis, Cron, Chris Seyer (Hinkle), Janzow, Jones, Kellerman, McDougall,
McGowan, Mueller, Prater, Roberts, Shaw, Stennis-Williams, Stephens, Tibbs
Guests: Adelaide Parsons, Verl Pope, Bob Sheets
A. Minutes of April 1, 2003. Upon motion of McDougall and seconded by McGowan, minutes were approved unanimously.
B. Action Items
1. Proposed Minor in Mathematics: McGowan made a motion to approve the Minor in Mathematics (handout). McDougall seconded. Bob Sheets was present to answer questions of the council. The definition of a minor was discussed which led to a motion by McGowan to revise the proposal to require 6 hours at the 500-600 level. Tibbs seconded the motion. Motion passed.
2. Proposed Off Campus Counseling Cohort Program: Stennis-Williams made a motion to approve the Off Campus Counseling Cohort Program (handout). McGowan seconded. Verl Pope was present to answer questions of the council. Motion passed.
3. Proposed Program Title Change: B.S. Manufacturing Engineering Technology to B.S. Engineering Technology with Added Option: (1) Manufacturing, (2) Electrical & Control: Shaw made a motion to approve the Title Change: B.S. Manufacturing Engineering Technology to B.S. Engineering Technology with Added Option: (1) Manufacturing, (2) Electrical & Control (handout). Curtis seconded. Athinarayanan answered questions of the council. Motion passed.
C. Discussion Items
1. International Student Exchange Admission Requirements – Documentation of English-Speaking Ability: McDougall distributed a handout, International Exchange Agreements, and Provost Stephens distributed a handout, English Language Requirements - International Exchange Students from the Undergraduate Bulletin. Discussion ensued regarding:
2. Minor vs. “Certificate” Programs: It was agreed by the Council to table “Minor vs. “Certificate” Programs until the
September 2, 2003 agenda.