See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
October 7, 1997
MINUTES OF ACADEMIC COUNCIL
Buis, Bergerson, Buckenmeyer, Dahiya, Hinni, Jones, Kogge, McDougall, McGowan, Nahikian-Nelms,
Shaw (presiding), and Stennis-Williams
A. Minutes of September 9, 1997. Approved as Corrected.
B. Action Items
- Masters of Natural Science - Science Education Emphasis: McDougall moved and McGowan
seconded approval. McGowan reviewed the program curriculum. After brief discussion,
the motion passed unanimously.
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology: Jones moved and McGowan seconded approval.
Shaw reviewed the background of the program and curriculum. The motion passed unanimously.
- Visual Communications name change to Technical Graphics: McGowan moved and Kogge
seconded approval. The motion passed unanimously.
- Option in Computer Numerical Control Machining; Jones moved and Nahikian-Nelms seconded
approval. Shaw reviewed the program and identified three new courses that would be
developed for the option. The motion passed unanimously.
- Minor in Entrepreneurship: McDougall moved and Buckenmeyer seconded approval. Jack
Sterrett reviewed the program. Discussion followed. Kogge expressed concern that
the minor was only available to students who complete a business major. Jones and
Stennis-Williams expressed the desire for more time to review the proposal. Stennis-Williams
moved and Kogge seconded to table the motion. The motion to table passed with 5 yes
and 4 no votes. Copies of the complete proposal are to be mailed to the council members
from the Provost Office.