See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Southeast’s Phi Kappa Phi Chapter 260 is leading a new service project that supports
the PK—6 students and educators throughout our region. The project’s goal is for Southeast
students, faculty and staff to read children’s books and build a video recording collection
that is shared with regional elementary schools.
Redhawk Readers (Southeast students, faculty and staff) are invited to create video
recordings reading a favorite children’s book.
- Redhawk Readers will choose a good book.
- Readers make a reservation to use the Heather MacDonald Greene Multimedia Center’s
One Button Studio (email@example.com or call 573-986-4978) or contact the EDvolution Center (firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-986-6881).
- Redhawk Readers come to the studio and staff will get you started
- The Redhawk Readers read their books aloud while video recording themselves
- Copyright issues were investigated and publishers have been good about allowing permission
to read and record their books.
- Readers can learn about copyright
- The Heather MacDonald Green Multimedia Center or the EDvolution Center can help with
adding the copyright notice to readers’ video recordings.
- Readers’ video recordings will be shared with the EDvolution Center.
- The EDvolution Center will organize and make the video recordings accessible to the
- Southeast Missouri PK—6 students will have fun listening to the Redhawk Readers.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Barbara Glackin, chair of PKP Chapter
#260 Redhawk Readers committee at email@example.com or Dr. Suhair Amer, president of PKP Chapter #260 at firstname.lastname@example.org.