Ph.D., Counselor Education & Counseling, Idaho State University
M.COUN., Professional counseling (emphasis: Marriage, Couple, & Family), Idaho State University
B.S., Behavioral Science (emphasis: Psychology), Utah Valley University
- EMDR Level I Trained Counselor
- Licensed Professional Counselor (State of Missouri)
- Counseling Orientation and Ethics
- Developmental Theory
- Career Counseling
- Counseling Skills
- Assessment in Counseling
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- Counseling Practicum
- Counseling Internship
- Advanced Internship
- Methods of Research
Treatment of infidelity, Values and value conflict in counseling, Attachment theory, Sexual addiction, Change processes in couples therapy, Supervision in counseling
- Parmanand, S. & Smith T. (2018, April). Suffering in silence: Infertility in couple relationships. American Counseling Association National Conference. Atlanta, GA.
- Parmanand, S. & Smith T. (2017, February). Suffering in silence: Treating couples who stuggle with infertility. International Associate of Marriage and Family Counselors World Conference. New Orleans, LA.
- Odegard-Koester, M. & Smith, T. (2013, October). Reflective pedagogy: Promoting critical examination of the roles of counselor educators. Association for Counselor Education and Supervision National Conference. Denver, CO.
- Smith, T. & Parmanand, S. (2011, October). Don’t forget the family: Counselor education careers for the young professor and family. Association for Counselor Education and Supervision National Conference. Nashville, TN.
- Pope, V., Monteiro-Leitner, J., Odegard, M., Smith, T. & Ward, J. (2011, October). Establishing effective counseling program assessment procedures. Association for Counselor Education and Supervision National Conference. Nashville, TN.
- Smith, T. & Murray, K. (2011, March). Nurturing connections: Using attachment theory to foster more satisfying couple and family relationships. American Counseling Association National Conference. New Orleans, LA.
- Koltz, R., Odegard, M., Feit, S., Provost, K. & Smith, T. (2012). Parallel process and isomorphism: A model for decision-making in the supervisory triad. The Family Journal.
- Smith, T. (2011). Understanding infidelity: An interview with Gerald Weeks. The Family Journal.
- Koltz, R., Odegard, M., Provost, K. & Smith, T. (2010). Picture perfect: Understanding the doctoral comprehensive examination experience using photo-voice. Journal of Creativity in Counseling.