- Have a preset amount of drinks for the evening, and don't exceed that amount. (Some
people find keeping their bottle caps, or putting a rubber band on their wrist for
each drink useful.)
- Alternate alcoholic drinks with non-alcoholic ones.
- Avoid drinking games.
- Pace your drinking to one or fewer drinks per hour
- Mix your own drinks so that you know how much alcohol is in each drink.
- Always use a Designated Driver whenever you have even one drink.
- Wait until both people are sober to have sex.
- Eat before and during drinking.
- Put extra ice in your drinks. The more ice that's in them, the less room there is
- Drink non-alcoholic look-a-likes after you've decided to stop drinking. (Straight
Orange Juice instead of a Screwdriver, etc.)